Dodge Caliber Forum banner

LCA to Crossmember mounting bolts recall

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  DKazoroski 
#1 ·
I just got a letter from my dealer saying that my "Lower control arm (LCA) to crossmember mounting bolts" need to be replaced. They say it should take about two hours and at no cost to me.

So of course I run right over here and look... but I didn't see anything about it.

There weren't any other details about the recall in the letter.

I bought Cali in March of '08, if that helps.

#2 ·
Yeh it was something about the bolts coming loose. They have replacement bolts that they install, but i dont know anything about the differences in the 2. I took my Cali in for my free oil change and it popped up in there computers. O/C and replacing bolts took them 1 1/2hrs. Anyone know what the difference in the bolts are????

#3 ·
Hrm. Sounds like what they replaced for my Caliber last week. I had to take the car in because it felt like it was falling apart, with heavy creaking on stops, launches and bumbs.

They replaced the bushings, tie rods and "suspension table" (aka, lower control arm).

They had be pay for re-alignment. I didn't like that much though.

#5 ·
This know doubt only effects certain Calibers built during a certain time frame. If no issues related to safety resulted, then only the Calibers believed to be effected will get the recall.

#9 ·
You would need to go to a dealer with your VIN - they can look it up on line to see which, if any, TSB's apply to your car.
The Dodge website will report recalls for your VIN, but unfortunately not TSB's.

#12 ·
You are correct, Charlie. There was never a recall. An RRT was put out initially, but when some of the Calibers were found to have been sold without the dealers having changed the bolts, a TSB was released.

#13 ·
I recently bought my 08 caliber I took it in to the dealer because my oil change guy said a boot was torn. Dealer tells me right front strut blown, boot torn left and right front lower ball joints excessive play and need to replace both front lower control arm assemblies need to be replaced. replaceing both lower control arm assemblies will cost $842.00. Could this problem have occured because the TSB on the L.C.A. did not get done?

#14 ·
What LCA TSB are you referring to?

Unfortunately, some Calibers have poor quality suspension components and suffer premature wear. You may be one of the unlucky ones.

DO NOT take your car to a dealer unless you are under warranty - go to an independent shop and get good quality aftermarket parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.