Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Attention New Members.........

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  ross1316 
#1 ·
Welcome to all new members. I've been puzzled for a long time as to why so many people register with the forum to maybe post only once or twice if at all. I know sometimes when you are looking for information, you may not come back after you have found what you need. My question is, what if anything would you like to see here that would keep your interest and make you want to keep coming back? If there are topics you would like to see added, or information you couldn't find, etc. would you take the time to let us know so maybe we can make the forum more interactive? If you're not comfortable posting it here, feel free to send a private message to me using the link in my signature. Thanks for taking the time to make this the best forum it can be!

#2 ·
Hi there, I'd like to see more DIY's for the SXT, whether it be interior, exterior, lighting, etc. I had a corolla before my cali and for being a corolla, it was rather nice once I tended to it using the DIY's I found on a site I use to use. I'm not sure if the Cali's just don't have much you can do to them, but it would be nice to see more. Of course if I ever have time at my new base here, I'll try and do something unique and post a DIY as well. Thanks for listening.

#3 ·
There really isn't a huge amount of mods available for the Caliber unfortunately, but I agree that a DIY section for the mods that are out there would be nice. Problem with that is most of us already did the mods without doing documentation on them. I guess we could swap the OEM stuff back, and do write ups, but that seems counterproductive. On the other hand, what we could do is get a few of the members together, and surf the internet and put together a list of available mods so when the new members join, and want to see what kind of head lights, taillights, body mods, etc. are available, instead of doing multiple searches, all they'd have to do is open the sticky, and there they are. Just a thought.

#4 ·
Maybe we should make a sticky in the newbie section and let them know what they can do for performance and so forth...

#5 ·
Okay, usafdvd, what DIY are you looking for? Maybe it's been done and just needs uncovered. Any suggestions for something in particular may jog someone's memory. Thanks for responding too. :smileup:

#6 ·
Well I was never very knowledgeable about cars. My first car when I was 16 was a 2005 Corolla S. Once I got that thing, I wanted to know every little detail, how to do everything little thing. I am not only looking for the big things, but smaller things, such as do small installations like the commond headers that you guys usually go with, or replace the belt, how to pain common things users do here, etc. I mainly enjoyed learning how to maintain my car on my own if I had the tools at hand and the time, and how to install things by myself and have the time for trial and error. I felt "bonded", as corny as some may think that sounds, to my Corolla. It was nice to know that I could take care of a huge machine.

I'd like to have that feeling with my new Caliber as well. Granted, I don't have as much time now, being an adult and in the military, but I still wish to have that knowledge at my fingertips for when I do have time to play with the car.

Anything really, from the big to the small things. It would also be nicer to have it better organized. I'm used to having it split into main sections for DIY's:
1. Engine & Transmission & Maintenance
2. Suspension & Wheels & Brakes
3. Exterior & Exterior Lighting
4. Interior & Interior Lighting
5. Electronics & Car Audio & Misc.

This stuff to me is important. I'm not sure if it's just that there isn't much to do with the vehicle, or no one has just taken the time to record it down, or the vehicle hasn't been around long enough to have this many options. I just want to get to know my car. Like I said, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to vehicles. But I have picked up things over time. I'm still young (20) so I think I've got time to learn a new car haha.

Thanks for listening, sorry this is so long looking as I type this... I'm not looking for a huge overhaul over night or anything, I know this kind of stuff is progressive, especially with a huge website about vehicles. I used to make websites back in the day, and trying to please people on a large scale always takes time.

I'm here to learn, to help, and to educate. :]

#7 ·
As a new Member, the only thing that I have found difficult is knowing what I have rea and What I haven't. But this is mostly me becoming more familiar with the forum.
A way to more clearly identify new posts/topics would be apprecieated - Icon to display new posts/topics, order the topic threads.

For me, the best forums are those that people use and contribute to frequently, this keeps interest high.

Thanks for asking....

PS Still loving my Cali....

#8 ·
I got this one! On the main page you'll notice a wheel on the left hand side of the page. If you double click on it it marks all posts/threads in that forum as read. So when you click on "new posts" at the top of the page, it only shows post you havent read yet.

Its greyed out if there are no new topics, and colored in if there are new posts to read.

Hope that helps.

#10 ·
Under "Quick Links" at the top right of your page you can also pick "Today's Posts" and "Mark forums read" as tools to better sort through posts. Thanks for your input guys. I'll make sure that your suggestions are made known to those that need to hear them. Also, you can use the search to help find threads containing those key words to find the info you need. Of course, you can always ask and somebody can help you find it. :smileup:

#12 ·
Have we forgotten that we have a Knowledge Base section where most of the major DIYs are at? Most of which have been listed here.

#15 ·
I went through the 3 performance mod sections and found a few DIYs that I moved to the Knowledge Base. I'll spend some more time on the other mod sections today. Then I'll go through all the Knowledge Base and make sure the thread tags are proper.

#16 ·
new members should also keep in mind that if they have any issues with their cali's (ex. water leaking on driver's side floor ) they would be able to find out that this is a common problem for many owners, but fixable if they do a search for a thread on it. there are many knowledgable people on this sight so hopefully they stay in touch.

#17 ·
Sorry, I didn't wish to make it seem like I'm not looking for stuff. But more so, I wish to be able to browse in a certain section of DIY's, such as exterior DIY's and know I'll be looking through only those. It's never a "Oh, I need to know how to do this", but more of a "I wonder what I can learn about doing something to the exterior of my car" to make myself more knowledgeable instead of browsing everything together.

Sorry, I'm just OCD about it and it looked cluttered to me. This of course wouldn't be contributing to members leaving or never posting, but I just don't feel like reading through it all thrown as 1 knowledge base.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.