Help with Chrysler Maximum Care Coverage??
+ Reply to Thread

Question Help with Chrysler Maximum Care Coverage??

I took my wife's 2008 Caliber in for the annual inspection required every 5 years to keep the service contract valid. I asked to check the rear end as we keep hearing a squeaky sound, as in the past at another dealer we were told the sound is coming from the shocks, but they are only seeping and isn't covered, that we have to wait until the shocks are completely worn. Now I've been keeping an eye on them and when I take it to the dealer I mention the squeaking sound, keep being told no change.

Well now we have moved and took the car into a new dealer and mention the squeaky sound again in the rear, I get a call and told the sound is from the front shocks and they need to be replaced. I was like okay, they're covered under the Maximum Care we have. Get told no because of its normal wear and tear. I call Chrysler to check on the coverage of the Maximum Care and told no the shocks aren't covered, only parts of the shock are covered. This was this past Friday and didn't have the paperwork in front of me. Just going through my records from when we purchased the Caliber, I come across my Maximum Care pamphlet, and it lists shocks are covered.

Now I know the dealership will most likely tell me no it's not covered as its considered normal wear and tear, should they still cover the shocks regardless if its normal wear and tear. Any guidance is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

I just replaced my upper control arms and rear shocks, due to squeaking and just when i got out of the mecanic happy and took the first bump the squeak was there again, so went back to the mecanic for deeper check and the squeak was coming from the rear toe link.
    So i bought them and finally the squeak is gone. Did you check rear toe links?
    Are your tires worn out from inside or outside?

No, I haven't checked the rear toe links, I will mention that to the dealer. No the tires aren't worn from inside or the outside, what are you thinking with the tires being worn from either in or outside?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Calimarine View Post
    No, I haven't checked the rear toe links, I will mention that to the dealer. No the tires aren't worn from inside or the outside, what are you thinking with the tires being worn from either in or outside?
    Just indications to see if your upper arms and toe links are bad. You could jack the caliber and check for the toes, it may be visible if it's damage.

I have the same problem with Chrysler refusing to perform warranty work under the Maximum Care program. My transmission needs to be replaced (third time) and they refuse. Dealer was no help, Chrysler 800# no help. They are screwing all Maximum Care purchasers because there is very little you can do. Hiring an attorney will cost more than the value of the repair and there is no guarantee you would win. The only option is to find as many Maximum Care purchasers and band together for a Class Action lawsuit.

I spoke with the shop foreman and he actually came out and went for a ride with me. I didn't even mention the toe links, he heard the squeaking and suggested the toe links. As the shop was closing for the day, he has the service adviser put a note in the file that when I come back for him to take a look at the car. He also verified that my shocks aren't bad. Only rust he saw was on the shock shields which is normal he said. Without saying it directly I think he realized his mechanic was just trying to get extra money for the shop. Thank you for the tip on the toe links.

Totally agree with banding together for a Class Action lawsuit. Apparently starting in 2018, Chrysler is being required for all Maximum Care purchasers to show their insurance for the dealer can submit a copy to Chrysler to verify you are the original owner. Chrysler has realized they shot themselves in the foot offering Max Care, so now they are trying to find any way to not cover parts they are supposed to cover.

The truth is that Chrysler knows you are the original owner. They have VIN data from your registration which they use to contact you if there is a recall. it's just a ruse. Other Chrysler/Dodge forums have similar complaints Maximum Care complaints as well.

11. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add CaliberForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Where you live

Enter the Year and Model of your vehicle here. (e.g. - Caliber)

What trim level did you purchase?

What sex are you?

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.