LED conversion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED conversion

Default LED conversion

Hey all my first post here! Anyway had my caliber for about a month I got a 2011 but from what i understand most of the stuff is the same except the interior. anyway i want to convert the healights to led and i found a pair here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...A10387RIK920RD and t says plug and play but from what ive heard you can screw up your starter so im trying to be cautious. does anyone know if i need a relay or anything for leds? i want to swap the fogs over as well (for looks not use). i love my caliber and am already plastidipping all the trim and buying the mopar roof rack and getting the windows tinted etc. this would be my last step. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

All of the electrical items in a Caliber are controlled by the TIPM...totally integrated power module. Think of it as a fuse box with a computer attached to it. The TIPM is pretty sensitive to changes, and swapping out the halogen headlights for LEDs can potentially cause the TIPM to do weird things. Make sure you fully research the issue before moving ahead with your project...there should be several threads on this forum about this.

Plug & play means it has the regular plug already fitted. also that dimensions fit normal housings and heat output will not melt housing. The item description specifically states that it will not work in a Dodge. You need to shop CANBUS versions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the tip aleks! ill look for that.

so from the looks of it these would work? it says all bulbs are canbus ready. http://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Evit...+led+light+kit

Look good. Please photo post all work to answer member questions. Hopefully you'll finally be able to kill off all those silly HID threads.

I know others went for a HId which is a lot better than LEDs.

10. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add CaliberForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Where you live

Enter the Year and Model of your vehicle here. (e.g. - Caliber)

What trim level did you purchase?

What sex are you?

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.