Front strut question

Default Front strut question

My son has a 2007 Caliber and tire shop told him his front struts were bad. To save him some money I told him to get the strut assemblies and I would install them, as well as outer tie rod ends. I told him he would have to go and get an alignment after install, but I did carefully match thread count on new outer tie rod ends, so they're close to originals. New strut assemblies were complete with springs, and install went smooth. After completing and removing jack, the car sat extremely higher in the front than before. I mean probably 5 inches higher or more. I bought this car new before giving to my son a few years ago, and it was never this high in the front. I triple checked that everything was seated properly, and all looked as it should to me. This was a week or so ago, and now he called and told me the fairly new tires on front of car have extreme wear on outer edges. I realize alignment needs to be done, but he has only driven it a 100 miles or so. My question is this, are all the various year and model front strut assemblies the same part number, and is there something I may have missed or done wrong on what seemed to be a straight forward installation, that is making this car sit up so high in the front? I think it may be so extreme that the tires are not squarely on the ground. I realize alignment needs to be done, but I'm feeling that something else is not right with front end so high. I sure would appreciate any learned opinions anyone could offer.

5 inches higher would make me believe you got the wrong strut.

Glenn
    18" chrome wheels, Weathertech ventvisors, Speaker trim rings, Chrome door sill plates, Lund bug shield, Musicgate w/6 disc, Sirius, Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow fogs, PIAA Extreme White Headlights, Custom painted engine and air intake covers, K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust.
    If in doubt - Read the forum rules!
    have any questions? PM me or Read the FAQ's
    Help support CaliberForumZ by becoming a Site Supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliber07 View Post
    5 inches higher would make me believe you got the wrong strut.
    Went to RockAuto site and verified part numbers, so I guess I have look further into this.

Default I know this post is a year old , but .......

Quote Originally Posted by VeroWing View Post
    Went to RockAuto site and verified part numbers, so I guess I have look further into this.

I know this thread was from last year but I bought a car and the nose is pointed towards the stars. Did you ever find the issue?