Pillar post cover
+ Reply to Thread

Default Pillar post cover

Hi

I have just purchased a 2006 crd sxt and the black vinyl pillar post covers are torn in multiple places.

Is there anything on ebay in the uk i can replace it with?
    I would like something which matches the other pillars

Thanks
    Christian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

You can buy the OEM pillar covers (they're actually stickers) online pretty cheap. There are also aftermarket pillar covers that come chrome and piano black, if you want to add a little bling to your ride.

Thanks for the reply. Not after bling but I would like to tidy the car up a little.

I have seen the stickers on ebay but they only seem to be available in the US?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

Same thing has happened to mine. Planning on going to a local sign writers to do mine, given me a price of about £30-40 to replace them.

Hi Skevy,

I assume you are having the lot replaced so they all match?

Are you a member of the UK forum? I can't get on as when I try and register it says "registration disabled"

Thanks
    Christian

Yeap, will have the lot done in one go.

I was a member of the UK site. There was hardly even any activity, would be lucky if there was a new post every week. As I decided to join this site. It's way better

In the past a number of members made the choice
    to replace the blackout plastic/vynl with paint as it
    was not difficult and permanent.
    Black SXT 2.0L-Security-Cruise-Tint-Shorty Antenna
    -Caliber sill plates-Rear bumper protection - ordered 04/15/06-delivered 08/18/06-traded 08/25/11

Some eBay sellers do ship internationally.

Even if they do not list the option it is worth a call to ask. Call plans have US calls at same price as UK.

Otherwise you can sign up to a forwarding service. They offer one month trials. You shop in the US and drop into your account, at the end of the month they ship your purchases in bulk at their corporate rates that are much cheaper.
    replaced - hub bolts, warped rotors, 3 batteries, 2 screens, 12 alloy wheels, seat cover, armrest, Track-rod ends, clutch master cylinder, LH tail unit, LCAs, rear toe link,

This is quite easy to fix with 3M vinyl tape. I have never done that before but this is how I did:

1. Heat old vinyl a little with a hair dryer and peel it of.
    2. Remove old clue with xylene and some plastic tool ( old credit card works fine ) and rubbing with cloth
    3. Make markings to car with mask tape where the upper end should be.
    4. Cut proper pieces of vinyl ( a little extra all around ). Test fit that it cover the area and goes around edges etc.
    5. Clean last time with silicon remover
    6. Put vinyls upper side against mask tape and start to press it to flat door frame surface.
    7. Cut sides that go under seals so that they cover paint and fit under seal.
    7. Warm a little with heat gun on sides to make them bend nicely around door frame and under seals etc.
    8. Cut excessive tape on the inside the frame
    9. At last a little more heat and pressure to make the glue stick better.

I did this to Caliber and it took about 5 hours to complete both sides and all vinyls. All needed is a heat gun, old credit card, sharp knife, rags and cleaning solvent. And of course vinyl. I found out 3M vinyl that has quite same looking structure than original, in local shop it cost about 10 bucks.

Here is a before-after of this.

vinyylitpilarissa.jpeg

12. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add CaliberForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Where you live

Enter the Year and Model of your vehicle here. (e.g. - Caliber)

What trim level did you purchase?

What sex are you?

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.