Battery light comming on at random times... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What's funny Charlie, is here in PA, we now have a Photo ID law in order to enter the polling place and vote.

Those commies of the ACLU are challenging this new law.

Seems as if this law will prevent the "dead from rising" and voting.
    Without the dead voting, the liberals can't get re-elected.
    Dave K. '09 Caliber SXT, '14 Ford Escape 1.6 Turbo, both red.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

Update:
    Just got the car back from the mechanic.

Alternator pulley (including the entire alternator - because thats what I could find on ebay) changed.
    This stopped the "mis sound" when turning off the car. So good there.
    However, the problem was with "no recharging battery" still there.
    Testing the battery - that turned out fine. So it wasent a battery problem.
    Tracing the wires from the alternator to the battery it was in poor condition at some places. So, we changed the entire wire.
    That solved the issue!

So. Mis-sound fixed by new alternator pulley (I say to my self it was just a matter of time before it would break - so its ok we changed it).
    And the main problem (no charging of the battery) was fixed by the new wire from the alternator to the battery.
    The mechanic "felt sorry" that he dident test that as the first thing, so i got it all for about 150 USD (Wire, testing, installing of alternator - and installing new rotors and discs on rear tires).

I think ill continue to use him at those prices.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by starfinder View Post
    Alternator pulley (including the entire alternator - because thats what I could find on ebay) changed.
    This stopped the "mis sound" when turning off the car. So good there.
    Up to 2006 VW had the Gates style replacement decoupler pulley and many suppliers so apparently same issue as on Gas Calibers.

Later models I have not seen those listings as you discovered. Suggests a redesign to fix an issue, not sure what has been done and type of pulley now used. Do not see many reports of problems.
    Used VW alternators are sold, can't say that for the World Engine versions!
    Last edited by Aleks; 07-26-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    replaced - hub bolts, warped rotors, 3 batteries, 2 screens, 12 alloy wheels, seat cover, armrest, Track-rod ends, clutch master cylinder, LH tail unit, LCAs, rear toe link,

Very glad for you that it's fixed!

Thanks for coming back with the added information about the wire attached to the alternator

Happy motoring!
    François {=^)

Glad to hear you got it fixed and that you actually have found a mechanic that appears to be competent in the fact that he admits he made a mistake. He sounds like an honest man, so with prices like that, and an honest personality, I'd keep using him too, if I were in your shoes.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Charlie Patterson

Where do you find the engine earth. I recently changed the regulator on the alternator and put a new battery in but the battery is still not being charged. Alternator was tested and it works fine.

How far did you drive it after putting the alternator back in? Maybe make sure the battery is fully charged before you drive it.

It was a new battery that I put in.

Doesn't mean it was charged.

11. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add CaliberForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Where you live

Enter the Year and Model of your vehicle here. (e.g. - Caliber)

What trim level did you purchase?

What sex are you?

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.