OBD2 Code Reader - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinghigh View Post
    Make sure you read the applications before buying one, man. You want to make sure it's compatible with what you're driving.
    All OBD2 readers work with all cars from 1997 up. You can't buy readers for pre-OBD2 cars anymore, which were pre-1997.
    Brad
    After 9+ years, 99% of all possible questions have been 100% answered. They're here, it just takes some coaxing.
    Retired this day December 31,2014!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

That is something I was not aware of. Among a ton of other things, I'm sure!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Charlie Patterson

I see Amazon has a new $20 reader that not only displays the code, but also the generic description:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JSGR9Y/...=IAAS8VC0XOUDO
    Brad
    After 9+ years, 99% of all possible questions have been 100% answered. They're here, it just takes some coaxing.
    Retired this day December 31,2014!

Thanks for helping out, just 'shopped' and this one came up as the 'new' version

color screen, more functions.

Autel Autolink AL319 OBD II/EOBD Code Reader

http://www.autelshop.com/wholesale/a...de-reader.html
    replaced - hub bolts, warped rotors, 3 batteries, 2 screens, 12 alloy wheels, seat cover, armrest, Track-rod ends, clutch master cylinder, LH tail unit, LCAs, rear toe link,

Good day i am looking to get one and i was wondering if anyone can verify for me if this one is compatible with my 2008 CVT AWD 2.4l
    https://www.amazon.com/OTC-3111PRO-T...KG28R2X1VJYKZN

Or if someone has one that gives similar functionality please don't hesitate to give your suggestion.
    Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jean.brien.thomas View Post
    Good day i am looking to get one and i was wondering if anyone can verify for me if this one is compatible with my 2008 CVT AWD 2.4l
    https://www.amazon.com/OTC-3111PRO-T...KG28R2X1VJYKZN

Or if someone has one that gives similar functionality please don't hesitate to give your suggestion.
    Thanks in advance for any help on this.
    Yes, that one will work.

Glenn
    18" chrome wheels, Weathertech ventvisors, Speaker trim rings, Chrome door sill plates, Lund bug shield, Musicgate w/6 disc, Sirius, Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow fogs, PIAA Extreme White Headlights, Custom painted engine and air intake covers, K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust.
    If in doubt - Read the forum rules!
    have any questions? PM me or Read the FAQ's
    Help support CaliberForumZ by becoming a Site Supporter!

8. Remove Advertisements
    CaliberForumz.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add CaliberForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Where you live

Enter the Year and Model of your vehicle here. (e.g. - Caliber)

What trim level did you purchase?

What sex are you?

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.