Problems with Turbo and loss of power - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Problem fixed !

Just to update everyone, finally got the EGR soliniod valve 2 1/2 weeks later and got it replaced, touch wood it seems to have solved the problem, the car has not lost power in the last few days and we have been putting it thru its paces to see how it goes. It looks like they got it right in the end!!

It has appeared to fix my problem also (turbo cutting out under load & plumes of black smoke)edit... didnt fix black smoke but now i still have a very loud turbo like a wastegatew stuck open or similar and very rough running, jumpy, hoppy around the point the turbo normally kicks in
    Last edited by DeanThompson; 03-18-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: wrong info

Exclamation Diesel Shudder

I dont know if this is the same problem as others have posted about.
    I have a UK spec dodge caliber crd.
    Now and again when i am driving around town or on the motorway,Once the car has started warming up,after 5-10mins (45c) and accelerating past 30mph the car starts to shudder and does this all the way upto 70mph
    This has happened on a few occasions maybe a day after filling up.
    I dont use bio-diesel or crappy petrol stations when filling up,I always use BP.
    I dont get any dash warning lights,ive turned car off,let it sit for 5 mins and then carried on with my journey and the fault is still there.
    I would of thought it would of reset itself after turning car off and letting it rest.

Those of you with better knowledge than me,Do you think this is the same issue as the posted bulletin from Prop1

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish.srt4 View Post
    I dont know if this is the same problem as others have posted about.
    I have a UK spec dodge caliber crd.
    Now and again when i am driving around town or on the motorway,Once the car has started warming up,after 5-10mins (45c) and accelerating past 30mph the car starts to shudder and does this all the way upto 70mph
    This has happened on a few occasions maybe a day after filling up.
    I dont use bio-diesel or crappy petrol stations when filling up,I always use BP.
    I dont get any dash warning lights,ive turned car off,let it sit for 5 mins and then carried on with my journey and the fault is still there.
    I would of thought it would of reset itself after turning car off and letting it rest.

Those of you with better knowledge than me,Do you think this is the same issue as the posted bulletin from Prop1
    Could be one of the TSBs, or could could be like one of the members posted that it was his EGR that was bad.
    Brad
    After 9+ years, 99% of all possible questions have been 100% answered. They're here, it just takes some coaxing.
    Retired this day December 31,2014!

How often have you been changing the fuel filter ?
    replaced - hub bolts, warped rotors, 3 batteries, 2 screens, 12 alloy wheels, seat cover, armrest, Track-rod ends, clutch master cylinder, LH tail unit, LCAs, rear toe link,

I'm to having this same issue on my uk 2.0 crd sxt diesel where it goes into limp mode it's says it's overboosting and throwing po234 code and engine light as come Iv had this reset by my mate who also said it's thrown other codes to do with the egr valve Iv since replace the egr valve but still getting limp mode I did find tht there was a vacuum line split near where it starts near the battery terminal and the vacuum black box makes a horrible noise like its farting when u turn the engine off could this be back vacuum where air is going back on it
    Also Iv got a problem with 5th gear where it will go into 5th on the rarest of occasions when u try and put it in it crunches like crazy so I then pull it into 6th or 4th please help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12