Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

i am thinking off addind a dry shot of nos in my cali any suggestions

Well it's your car and you can do anything that turns your
    crank(pun).
    Let us know the results and wish you the best.
    Black SXT 2.0L-Security-Cruise-Tint-Shorty Antenna
    -Caliber sill plates-Rear bumper protection - ordered 04/15/06-delivered 08/18/06-traded 08/25/11

Quote Originally Posted by rajeev646 View Post
    i am thinking off addind a dry shot of nos in my cali any suggestions
    What BigT said, and keep in mind, the CVT unless reprogrammed will just prevent the NOS gain from getting to the wheels.
    Brad
    After 9+ years, 99% of all possible questions have been 100% answered. They're here, it just takes some coaxing.
    Retired this day December 31,2014!

honestly, you'd need a wrecked CSRT to do it properly.. and with that said.. prolly just easier to get a CSRT new, then deal with finding a wrecked (from the rear), the cost of the wreck, all the labor involved with swapping everything, and getting the PCM flashed with your VIN so its legal (you could swap EVERYTHING from the wrecked CSRT, but a OBD2 scan would show an incorrect VIN compared to whats stamped on the dash.)
    06 Subaru WRX STi WRB - BC Coilovers
    07 Caliber R/T FWD 5SPD
    - Traded for the Subaru
    98 Neon R/T 2.4L Turbo Coupe - Project Car
    02 Neon R/T - Traded for the Caliber

I've been watching this thread and it's time for my two cents.
    This isn't the sixties or seventies in which you can pull a 302, put a 351 in its place without doing anything... or go from 327 to 427 and not so much as change a motor mount... hell, even the throttle linkage fits! Alternator bracket fits, etc...
    This is the 21 century in which CARB and other institutions such as these are totally out of touch with technical realities... they want near zero or zero emissions and to get there the entire power train needs to be computer controlled.
    Engines are so precisely controlled, tampering can have diverse effects. Automatics, in as much as mechanically they're rather simple, are controlled to offer the best compromise to real world conditions (you'd not believe how much cash is spent on this) and don't use this for an excuse to find better shifts. CVT's are torque sensitive... they're also a little delicate.
    Rear ends are, as we speak, in the process of becoming variable... neat technology but not ready for the market.
    Okay, enough lecture... The Caliber, as it leaves the factory, is an incredible piece of technical workmanship. In all reality, any car leaving any factory is!
    Sure, you can perk the engine but what is your gain? In as much as the 5 speed is a durable product manufactured by Magna, it has limits and a perked 2.4 will wreck it. As for the CVT, the computer will protect it. This is why the Getrag is used in the SRT4.. it's tough but it has limits too. My guess, without looking is around 300 foot pounds as it most certainly isn't as durable as a T-10 used behind the biggest pieces of detroit iron ever made!
    My suggestion to any of you who feel the urge for power and are tired of an RT, go for the SRT... After spending countless hours in a destruction test facility, I can assure you, pushing engineered components specifically manufactured to meet weight, friction and durability limits in the name of mileage or for a specific purpose is a really, really bad idea. Bearings will fail, gears will lose teeth and cases will in time, inevitably break!
    In so far as adding grog... lauighing gas, you better do a few things first... open the ring gap and add a hell of a lot of cooling capacity. Sure, it sounds simple to add some bolt on grog but the engine wasn't nor will it ever be engineered for it.
    My sincere suggestion to those who want to have a play toy, buy something you can cut up and add what ever you want to it... stang, camaro, etc... then, knock yourself out!
    Oh man, bill shut up.. enough lecturing already.

FYI, Jatco already markets a rear propulsion application of a toroidal CVT. it handles a CRAPLOAD of torque, unlike ours.

Info for the model JR006E is available here. The Nissan Skyline V35 already uses this transmission.

Hate to bring this back from the grave, however has anyone ever swapped a 2.0 for a N/A 2.4 in a Caliber ??? or even answered the question from 8 years ago ? I couldn't care less about horsepower I daily an 07 2.0 CVT fwd that needs an engine and just walked past a good 2.4 out of a Compass that was pulled off the shelf and will be cored tomorrow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234