Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Price Of Your Caliber

Tags
price retail
40K views 180 replies 125 participants last post by  Aleks 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is a good question to ask but I just bought my R/T 2 weeks ago and I was told by 3 different dealers they were not "able/allowed" to negotiate price. I understand these cars sell themselves and they mostly work on commision but...? I did get all rear windows tinted and 1 detail pkg for buying the car so thats not too bad. They are also throwing in 3 tanks of gas. Total list price on my car with all the bells and whistles besides heated seats and u conect was 27,740 CDN. Does this sound right as far as other prices from across the country?

#177 ·
#178 ·
I used the numbers off of the NADA website (national) because that's what banks and insurance companies use. Different states settle total losses different ways. Florida uses 'book' value. I know of no company that uses KBB. Dealers use KBB to sell a car because it's usually high and they use NADA when taking a car in on trade.

In this case, NADA for the base car was $16,200, $850 for low mileage and $400 for the aluminum wheels. NADA prices all cars are 'dealer ready', meaning they need nothing to put the car on the front row at the lot. The guidebooks will tell you to 'Deduct for reconditioning' to put that car in that condition. Right now, other than a vacuuming, my Express needs nothing.

I work as an independent insurance appraiser looking at wrecked cars. I have to pull the numbers for the handling adjuster if the car is a total loss. I moved down here from Michigan, and the law there was the use of comparable vehicles. As a base, we also used NADA. NADA's wholesale numbers were from $13K to $16K depending on condition.

#179 ·
For negotiating a new car KBB is OK. This thread was more advising buyers of Calibers than those trading in.
The current Caliber manufacturer incentive is $1500-2000.
Looking at Dealer sites there are still stock of MY10 Calibers. So looks like plenty to last till December at it's selling rate.
The MY10 Caliber was late and unchanged into MY11 barring a couple of colors and the VIN didgit.
Anyone considering a new deal can expect falling asking prices.
This does also knock onto used values for a runout model.

#181 ·
MY11 clearance until the end of August

Dodge: Consumers purchasing a Dodge Caliber, Journey, Grand Caravan, or Nitros may be eligible to finance for five years with 0% interest or up to a $3,000 rebate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.