Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Price Of Your Caliber

Tags
price retail
40K views 180 replies 125 participants last post by  Aleks 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is a good question to ask but I just bought my R/T 2 weeks ago and I was told by 3 different dealers they were not "able/allowed" to negotiate price. I understand these cars sell themselves and they mostly work on commision but...? I did get all rear windows tinted and 1 detail pkg for buying the car so thats not too bad. They are also throwing in 3 tanks of gas. Total list price on my car with all the bells and whistles besides heated seats and u conect was 27,740 CDN. Does this sound right as far as other prices from across the country?

#3 · (Edited)
Wow Santos

Maybe you should have ordered before the boom. I ordered mine in May, but had to wait four months for delivery due to the colour choice. I know that two weeks after I ordered mine the sales guy called me (to chat) and said he had just gotten off the phone telling people that ordered their Caliber that they cant get one after all. I guess Dodge is allowing only a certain amount of Calibers per dealership.
Anyways, I have an SXT, Fully loaded, Heated leather, 9 speaker system, all the gagets and gauges, U connect, Chill Zone, 9 Volt plug in, (absolutely needed the luminated cup holders) every option, every package you could put onto this puppy. The only thing I do not have is AWD, because I have never driven an AWD and did not want to start now.

I did go back and forth between two dealerships, as my husband stated to one of the sales men "She is going to buy this car, that is 100% certain, however she will buy it from who ever kisses her ass more" My husband knows me well.

I paid just under $23,000. I am in Manitoba, thats CAD.

Tammie-Lee

#4 ·
I guess Dodge is allowing only a certain amount of Calibers per dealership.
Tammie-Lee (and others)...

DCX is building 3 vehicles in Belvidere. the Patriot, the Compass and our beloved Caliber. they can build ALL three but only ONE at a time. they are running one model for a couple of weeks then another model then the third before starting the cycle over again...

ALSO, because DCX isnt selling too many trucks, they have told the dealers that if you want your Calibers, you WILL take a truck or two for every Caliber you request...

they also have had a of couple issues with the launch of the new assembly lines there...

david

#6 ·
ALSO, because DCX isnt selling too many trucks, they have told the dealers that if you want your Calibers, you WILL take a truck or two for every Caliber you request...
I have heard trucks are outselling all other vehicles. SUV's such as the Durango are not selling so well. Caliber allotment is tied to how many comparable cars such as the Neon they have sold in prior years. I did read the article regarding dealers having to accept more Durango and Dakotas.

#5 ·
I bought mine off the lot rather than try to order one. Got a fully loaded SXT with the only items not on it being the heated and leather seats. Sticker was $21,000USD, paid $19500 which included the $500 rebate. I love it!!

#7 ·
Hi Santos, my R/T with all of the options including the heated leather front seats was 27,900 plus 14% HST This was on the road and included mud guards, rubber Caliber floor mats, 2 Dodge hats and the police etching for vehicle theft ID. Original price was 28,800 but did get them to drop slightly. Was also told that the price is generally not negotiable due to the high probability of selling them. Hope this helps!!!
:wave:

#8 ·
Yes that does help thx. Its not that I was worried about how much I spent, I still say I got alot of car for the dollar. Just wanted to know what prices are like across the country and what not. Glad to hear you got a bit of a discount but could ya blame them for not trying to get every penny? :)

#10 ·
Stopped short & bought

Couldn't find a CVT in new Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit & Nissan Versa was too much money & too many do dads. But found a Dodge SE Caliber with 2 liter, A/C & CVT for $14,000. I love looking & comparing cars, but quit comparing & bought from my Dodge dealer 2 miles away.

G
#12 ·
My original sticker price was just under $19,000.00. My grandfather is a retired Chrysler employee so I got Employee pricing on my Caliber. I payed $16,272.00 for a Black SXT, Heated seats, 6 disk CD changer, Alloy wheels & Luxury Floor Mats. Thanks Grandpa!

#21 ·
Can't say I would have bought one, I wasn't in the market for a car at all. Didn't know anything about them except I remember seeing the commercials on TV. We we, (my wife and I) won they car we had a choice of 5 different cars, 1. Dodge Caliber 2. Honda Accord 4dr 3. For Focus 2dr 4. Mitsubishi (something) 5. Pontiac G6 base. Off all those my wife really fell in love with the looks of the Caliber. So, there ya go. We do like it allot. Its the SXT with the sports package. I've been working as an RV/Marine tech for years and am the one responsible for the custom fabrications and installs of everything from lighting to SAT tv, to body and paint. So far the only thing I have installed is a Sirrius radio. Wife wants to keep it "original" for a little bit longer before I get to work on it. Averaging 32 mpg on it, won it in 8/06 and have only 6700 miles on it. The only thing I don't like it the tires. Too noisy and don't hold for crap. This will be fixed after the winter. As far as comfort, I'm 6'5", and 210lbs, I fit right into it, and we have gone on a couple of long drives with no discomfort.

#26 ·
I'll get some pics up. I work as an RV/Marine tech and plan on allot of mods. I do custom fabs and installs ranging from complete restoration to simple lighting to Sat systems to body work. Working mostly on high end RV's. So far I've installed M3's clear guard front end protection, bug shield, mud guards, sat radio. I've got a DVD/Nav stereo to install, with back up monitor, with Kicker 1000w amp, dual 10" subs and 8 speaker with surround sound. I took a power seat kit from a motorhome seat and modified it for the drivers seat, 6 way power. I've got some extra led map lighting to install for seat specific aiming. Working on the suspension with a local performance company to lower it about 1 1/2 " and eliminate the nose dive and body roll. Will get the exhaust reworked without making it any louder. Don't like the coffee can look or sound. Still researching the engine mods to up the performance. Just plan on getting it bumped from 148hp to just a little over 200hp. The main concept is to make the mods without the look of the mods. Kinda like sneaking up on ya at the lights.

G
#27 ·
R/T with 26X package

Just bought my R/T AWD with 26X package (sunroof, leather, musicgate) in the Bay Area (tends to be higher priced than anywhere else in the lower 48) which means a couple hundred for CA emissions.
I got the EPP discount ("Green slip") because my dad & brother are both Chrysler employees which means I get it at slightly below invoice. The sticker on mine was around $22k. I don't know how hard it is to haggle with them as the price was set for me. The worst time I had was trying to get them to give me a fair price on my trade-in. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.