Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Monroe, 30miles NE of Seattle

20K views 112 replies 21 participants last post by  misswaitress 
#1 ·
Been seeing some Calibers around our area, so will get this Northwest thread going. Bot(bought) my Caliber SE 2 liter w/CVT & AC in Monroe for $14000. My previous Plymouth Champ & Ford Festiva cars got highest highway mileages of 50+MPG. When I heard some emailers reporting Caliber city mileages in the low 20 MPG(they said they weren't leadfoots), I was leery of the Caliber. However, the Toyota Yaris & Honda Fit didn't comeout with CVTs, & twice I couldn't find a low priced CVT equipped Nissan Versa at the local Nissan. But I can pleasantly report that my Caliber is giving 32.5MPG driving Washington State mountain highways(with lots of stops for photography). So far, my town driving is 27.8MPG. The Caliber mileage is what I hoped it would be. The 2 liter engine & CVT are very very smooth(nearly like a magic carpet). In turn the extra smoothness is causing me to be even more gentle on the gas. My wife, who loves her 5sp. manual Saturn, also loves the Caliber for its CVT smoothness too. Both my wife & I like the standard stereo with CD (her country & my Vivaldi & Shostakovich) once the controls are set right.
Had a problem tho. While going over 4000' mountain passes & returning to lower altitudes, the Caliber bucked hard taking off from stops. The dealer said the throttlebody misdiagnosed the oxygen percentage(due to the passes), & changed the oxygen settings. But the dealer changed the electronics & my Caliber is smooth as silk again. Hope to hear other Northwesterners. Oh, yeah. My photos are topnotch too. Grace & peace to all readers...litesong

See less See more
#28 ·
Hi.
Just had my baby in for the 6000 mile service at Enumlaw Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge. Spoke the sales manager and he would be interested in hosting a Caliber meet in the spring. He suggested that a Sunday would be the best day. The dealer is located on toute 410 in Enumclaw and they have a large indoor warehouse in case of inclement weather. What is the best way of secting a date and determuning how many would attend?
Regards, Normko

#29 ·
Hi Normko & everyone else...Along route 410? I bet he may have a grand view of Mt. Rainier, there in Enumclaw. Since Caliber owners might come from a number of states, we might attract more distant Caliber owners by saying that Route 410 is a prime route to Mt Rainier... depends on how late in the spring we wish the Caliber gathering in Enumclaw to be & when Mt. Rainier opens up...specially after the weather blasting Mt. Rainier facilities have had lately.

#32 ·
Dear Pacific Northwestern Caliber owners,

I have had a lot of time to think while recovering from a sniper wound to my chest that I recieved in Iraq. I own a 07 Black AWD R/T Caliber, also a 06 Charger R/T, and a lifted 05 1500 quad cab Dodge Truck, on 44's. I was thinking that with the amount of Dodge vehicles that I own we should start are own Pacific Northwest Caliber car club. I fill that together we can learn more about new mods and updates to our Calibers. We could arrange to meet once a quarter, possible more during the nicer months. I just wanted to get a filling if anyone else would be interested in doing this. If you are living in Washington,Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia you can contact me on here or at (360)970-2998. Please if you call just make sure that I know if you are a Caliber owner. I hope that we are able to get this started.

T. Spradlin

#34 ·
Hi again, danut...I guided you over here. But if you look at the dates, there hasn't been a lot of activity here lately. Normko & I are in contact. Hope the others come out of the woodwork fairly soon. I hope the idea of early June at Enumclaw isn't too early. Snow's been heavy this year & I hope that Hiway 410 will be open to Mt. Rainier by then. Normko & I thot, if Mt Rainier was opened, that the Caliber gathering in Enumclaw might draw more Caliber people.

#35 ·
Hi all

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been around much I am here in Winthrop WA and would love to get together this Spring and or Summer with the northwest Caliber crew. Please keep me updated with dates and locations everyone would like to meet. As soon as highway 20 opens I will come over once a month to visit family and friends.
Hope to see you all soon Jason

#36 ·
Meeting....

Hello All,

Sorry I have been out for a while. I'm back. I want to be notified on the Caliber car rally if it is Wa or Or. I have waited long enough on meeting others with the Calibers.
I am starting to see more of them hitting the road here in the Portland area!!!
I am trying to meet them and let them know about this web~site and the up coming events.
Please keep me posted and I look forward to the up coming events.

Happy Trails,
:Racing:
Stella

PS~ I was up in Olympia this past weekend taking care of my mom, but I didn't see any of you Calibers Owners up there....are you hiding...LoL

#37 ·
Hi Stella....Nice to hear from you. Hope others will come back in contact too. Its funny about Calibers. Went for a 100 mile round trip. Saw 1 Caliber in the first 3 miles, none for 45 miles, then 2 within 2 miles, then none for almost 55 miles. You see Calibers when you see them & not till then. Ha 'bout that fer ah filosofer fella. Grace & peace to you, Stella...litesong

#38 ·
Hey stella nice to meet you! Do you guys think that it would be too early to try to meet up at the end of this month? I really want to meet some caliber owners. I also hope to find some people that started to do some modifications to their caliber. Well if anyone is up for it let me know and we can set up something. Happy driving! Dan N.

#39 ·
danut contact?

Hi danut...On another Caliber website 3 months ago, someone was trying to find a candidate 5speed car to do some exhaust work in the Kent or Auburn area. They wanted to do before & after dynanometer tests with an arrangement to install downpipes, headers & exhaust system. They may have found someone interested, but try them at 253-653-3843. They should have more info for you....litesong

#41 ·
Hi Litesong,
Casey Kahne, the Nascar driver, comes from Enumclaw. I got what I thought was a bright idea to have a Caliber meet when he was in town. He has a store in the local Dodgr dealer facility. I learned that he would not be home before the end of tne Nascar season but if I was interested in booking a visit the cost would be, hold yor breath, $60,000.00. I'm a little short just now.
Our mountains have had a plethora of snow this year and Chinook Pass will no doubt open late this year. Should we have a get together it might be better in late June or July.
Regards, Normko

#42 ·
Hi Normko...Yeah, I was thinking there was too much snow too. July has the least chance of rain so people have a better chance of a good time at Mt. Rainier. I was hoping to hear from people from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana & Wyoming at another website but so far no responses.
Also, we should see if there is going to be money involved. I don't have money & am not good at fundraising either. If its just a matter of the Dodge dealer hosting, people coming & no money, then it should be a great time. But money will just complicate things no end.

#43 ·
Well the weather seams to be a little better so i thought we would have a actual date to meet up. If anyone is interested and they have a date pls contact me because i would really like to see some other caliber owners and see what they have done to their caliber. Take care Dan

#44 · (Edited)
Hi danut...Its been quiet here for some time. Think Normko had about the best times going....somewhere in June, maybe into July. Both of us thot that Mt. Rainier may attract others who are a far distance from a Caliber Meet if they could also visit Rainier. Both of us thot Rainier ot to be opened about that time. I've heard that the road connecting Sunrise to Paradise is so damaged by the hard winter that it won't open at all this year. But that is hearsay on my part. Not sure if it is true. Let's keep talking & see if we can drum up others who said they would come to the Meet & attract new Northwesterners too.

#45 ·
Hi danut...Its been quiet here for some time. Think Normko had about the best times going....somewhere in June. Both of us thot that Mt. Rainier may attract others who are a far distance from a Caliber Meet if they could also visit Rainier. Both of us thot Rainier ot to be opened about that time. I've heard that the road connecting Sunrise to Paridise is so damaged by the hard winter that it won't open at all this year. But that is hearsay on my part. Not sure if it is true. Let's keep talking & see if we can drum up others who said they would come to the Meet & attract new Northwesterners too.
Hi Guys,
I checked the Chinook Pass report. The target date for reopening is Memorial Day weekend, depending on the wearher. They started clearing on 4/16 but there was heavy snowfall this past winter.
I heard aboue the road damage. I'll try to get more info and let you know.
Normko

#50 · (Edited)
Hi Normko...Good to hear all your reports. After our Meet I'd like to take a ride up to Sunrise on Rainier. You say route 123 is down.Then a ride to Chinook is possible. Looks like anyone wanting to go to White Pass is out of luck tho. Yakima then home if Rainier & those passes would be open. Take it from me & my rides there last year, the Caliber is wonderful in the mountains. Even in the mountains I've traveled over 350 miles on a tank of gas. I know some people were hot for a Meet early on but haven't heard from them in a long time. All my contacts with other Caliber websites have gone completely unanswered. Maybe if we had a date I could stir some more people from those websites tho. So early June would be fine by me so danut could come. I know he is really looking forward to the Meet. If danut checks in with an early June date, then you can check with the Enumclaw Chrysler dealer.

#54 ·
Hi Litesong,
I just spoke to the G M at trha Enumclaw dealership. He would be willing to host a meet on 6/3 or 6/10, (a Sunday), so long as the group ia not so large so as to affect his ability to do business. I will need to know how many will plan to attend.
Over the next couple days I'll check to see what area activities might coincide with there dates.
WSDOT advises thet route 410 will be redone during the summer of 2009.
What is the best way to get the word out?
Regarda, Normko

#51 ·
Ok Boys....here is my input..lol
How about June 10th. It is a Sunday.....plenty of notice for all to attend!!!
For those who need to save a little $$ that would allow us to save up for this meet.
So there is my input.......And I'm so ready for this!!!!

Let me know!!!

Happy Trails
Stella

ps...here is my email if you need to send anything. I have been trying like hell to reach out to the Oregon Caliie Owners...so far it's the real old folks and not showing any kind of intrest. Hope more of them here (Oregon) would like to come to the meet.
Stella071258@yahoo.com

#55 · (Edited)
Hi Normko...Is your Enumclaw dealer right on Highway 410? That would be so great letting people continue right up the road to Rainier also. Don't think our problem will be getting too many Caliber owners to attend. Don't know the best way to get the word out. Maybe contact Chrysler dealers letting them post the event? That's not a great idea...but is an idea. I tried to contact other Caliber websites & got nothing. Fortunately, I raised Stella in Oregon & she likes June 10, which sounds good to me. June 10 should give Sunrise & Chinook an extra week to make sure they are open & Danut mite be able to come. So sign me, Stella & you up. Danut has been very excited for a Caliber Meet, but he is going on vacation mid June. Stella will really cast out her net in Oregon. So contact your Enumclaw dealer to confirm June 10 & exactly how many he could have in attendance(also how few in case we get almost no response). Give me a date & I'll contact Caliber websites soon. Nice to hear from you, Normko...litesong

#56 ·
June 10th. it is. Coming from the east on 410, Enunclaw Chrtsler-Jeep- Dodge, ia on our left at the third traffic light, just past Fugate Ford. From the south take Interstste 5 north to rioute 512 to 410 east, ( follow signs for Chinook Pass), thru Bonney Lake and Buckley. After you cross rhe bridge the dealer is on the second light on the right. Fron the north takr 167 south to Auburn then 164 east. In Enumclaw turn right at the 4th. traffic light, straight thru one stop sign, one block to the light and the dealer is directly across the sreeet.
I plan to update the dealer weekly.
Thank you, Normko

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.