Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Boston acoustics wiring

13K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  francy 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I have fitted an aftermarket head unit (Wince S160) to my 2007 Caliber 9 speaker BA system. The new unit came with adapters , harnesses , etc’
everything seems to be working but I don’t think my subwoofer in the back is working. The new head unit has an orange wire labelled AMP/C which I assume is for amplifier control but it isn’t connected to anything. The only wire on the original stereo harness socket that isn’t connected to the new one is a Red/blue looking wire (second pin in next to the yellow on the line with 4 blank pins) would this be for the subwoofer trigger ?
any help before I blow something up is much appreciated.
thanks in advance.

#2 ·
There is an answer on the forumz if you want to keep looking.
From poor memory it was the component that would not work without Canbus.
I think he put in a new subwoofer. Most others going aftermarket did not have the premium setup.

#3 ·
I think I did see that post but I’ve been looking all day and getting confused now, lol.
I have tried to find the wiring diagram for the BA setup but no mention of the wire I’m looking at.
I do have canbus and an adapter came with the new unit, my SW controls all work and all speakers including the drop down rears work, its just the subwoofer with no sound.
The orange wire on the new harness is for the amp control but it isn’t connected to anything, it’s very annoying as everything else is so straight forward.
If I could just find out what that original harness wire does, then I would be happy.
Is there a full schematic to the BA wiring from the original head unit anywhere ?

#7 ·
View attachment 9219
This is the wire from the original radio loom, it is grey/red
does anyone know what it does, it doesn’t connect to the new loom, just wondering if it is the subwoofer trigger wire ?
thanks !!
The subwoofer wire is digital not a power wire. It goes to a control box behind the headunit, then an amp under the cargo floor, and finally a box in the sub woofer cubby enclosure.

There is a how to in the knowledge base.

http://www.caliberforumz.com/showth...re-Harness-to-Amp-LPF-on-Musicgate-sub-(pics)

#8 ·
Thanks for the reply,
changing the amps is more trouble than I want as all the speakers except for the sub are working, I was hoping that the new harness just needed the trigger wire spliced in separately as it comes with an orange sub trigger wire, then I saw a wire on the old connector that now goes nowhere and just hoped it would be that easy :) it never is, lol.
I guess I’ll just run the system without a sub, even the gate speakers work so it’s very odd but it sounds good enough and still has bass just not that nice meaty sub bass :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.