Dodge Caliber Forum banner

What's up with "inner" and "outer" turn signal bulbs?

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chrisf2012 
#1 ·
I took over my wifes old caliber as a gas saver when I can avoid driving my truck and have had to fix a number of things but i still dont know the car well at all.. and for the most part it's a bit of a nightmare...lol.. but I just needed a front blinker bulb so pulled into an autozone as i was passing one and the dude asks is I need the inner bulb or outer bulb. I told him I just looked at the light on my way in and it's just one light and he says no theres an inner and an outer. So i say i dont know... outer... he gives me a number and I find a set of bulbs that clearly aren't what im looking for. I go back and ask for the inner part number and im figuring ill just get both and put the others in the glove box for when the day comes i need one.. so i buy both...

now.. i can find places that SELL both inner and outer bulbs, but I cannot find any instructions or videos on where to locate or how to change the little "outer" bulbs...

Can anyone shed some light on this crap for me? I haven't spent any time really going through the car looking for answers but i honestly dont have the time or patience to do so if someone more well-versed than myself can just tell me...

new cars are the worst... and this only a 2007! lol. thank you very kindly for your time and info/advice.

Best,

Jamie

See less See more
#2 ·
Accessing the front bulbs on the car can be a huge PITA... there's so much stuff sitting in the engine compartment behind the lens assemblies that it's nearly impossible to access the various bulb holders. In the case of the main headlight bulbs, the driver's side has to be accessed through the wheel well (ie: pull the tire off, remove the plastic liner, reach up to access the bulb holder). I was able to change the passenger's side from above, but it was a crazy tight fit getting my hand in there to do it.

Given that the turn signal bulbs are at the corners, I suspect you'll need to go through the wheel wells for both of them.

Once you gain access to them, I suspect it's just a matter of rotating the bulb holder 1/4 turn to release it from the lens assembly, then just swapping out the bulbs. That part of it is easy. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.