Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Oil catch can

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  cveilleux 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to install a oil catch can on a 2007 sxt 2.0

#3 ·
First off, lets explain how catch cans work. The purpose of a catch can is to take what is being sent out through the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve, and separate the actual oil that may come out, collect it, and send just air and vapors back to the intake manifold, as opposed to the PCV system sending both air, vapors, and oil back in the intake manifold. The goal is to avoid getting oil into the intake manifold. Oil is meant to lubricate, and unless you drive a diesel, you should not be burning it in any way.

Use Google all kinds of info.

#5 ·
I did Charlie - use Google as there how to videos on you tube showing installation.

Unless your getting oil in the air filter box it's a bell and a whistle possibly indicating
worn rings or valve guides.

#9 ·
I've got 255K km on my caliber. It got 32.5 mpg when I bought it, it still gets 32.5 mpg now.

No catch can, no seafoam, Tb cleaned a few times. No issues with the manifold flapper.

These engines don't have enough cylinder pressure to benefit from a CC.

I run one on my Twin Turbo F150 due to the advantages it helps with 2000+ psi fuel injectors and blow by etc. Installed since nearly new.

Installing one on one of these old engines with high mileage already is a waste of money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.