Dodge Caliber Forum banner

2014 Upgrades Help CRST4

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Eikon 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone, i just bought my 08 CRST4 bone stock with 50 km on it and I wanted to do some upgrades . I have noted from reviewing other threads and doing research that msk1 is no longer available to be purchased? I would like to achieve 375 hp out of my CRST4 but don't know where to start as its such a rare vehicle with limed sites offering parts for aftermarket.... Any advice would be great..

#2 · (Edited)
MS1 was only available from Mopar for a short time. Used units can be found but, what you'll really want is called an "MS1K", from a company called 'Realtune'. There are 3 versions of it out now. The latest, V3, requires 93 octane fuel though. The original and V2 are good for 91 octane and will bring the car to life, plus blow away any MS1 equipped CSRT4! They can be found used but will require a dealer to program your VIN to it. Buy a new MS1K pcm from 'Realtune' and it's a simple 'plug & play' install. It'll be a bit pricy, but, no other single mod will wake the car up as much.

#3 · (Edited)
I completely agree. Got myour MS1K yesterday and installed...as I left the install I barked 2nd and 3rd! HUGE DIFFERENCE!! I paid the $600 to get mine...but will get $200 back when I send my stock one in. Well worth it on my opinion! I also have 4" custom intake...catless 3.5" downpipe...custom catless borla exhaust. Love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.