Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Magnaflow Exhaust

18K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  Excaliber07 
#1 ·
I feal the magnaflow exaust is a great mod. I have not had it installed long enough yet to have an accurate reading on gas milage, but it does feal a little more powerfull. I have done some 0-60 tests, but the numbers varry. I have a beltech performance comptuer that detect motion. It appears to decrease my 0-60 by about .5 seconds.

I do have the K&N CAI installed, with Dyanmat totally covering it. I do plan no adding an additional layer that faces the exaust.

The following are links to videos I made with the car Stock, and with the new Magnaflow Exaust. I have the R/T AWD, which uses a different exaust than all of the other non-AWD calibers.

You will notice the deaper sound it makes.

Also note that the camera was rather close to the car, so it picks up many sounds that you do not normally dont notice. That is why I did a before and after. Yes you know what your car sounds like, but to get a good idea what the magnaflow really sounds like you need to listen to stock to get an idea what the microphone does to the real sound.

Stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04jCQ_Mvsw
Magnaflow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQ7XRba_Vk

See less See more
#4 ·
I cannot remember where I got it. I got it online for about $300.00. Totally worth it. Very little extra noise, and definate performance improvement. I also have the K&N CAI, and it was very loud, and had little to no performance improvement.
The Magnaflow exaust is a great upgrade for anyone.

#6 ·
I don't think you can buy directly from Magnaflow, they have links to different distributors to get one.;)

#7 ·
ya, i sent them an email, they replied today. i was just like shocked because this place is telling me it's 650 cdn installed. i'm like if it's 300 us for the part like you said, then you're charging me like 300 bucks to install it? forget that. lol.

#13 ·
Whats up everyone. Thats some good info and the videos were informative. I am glad I read this Thread before making my decision. I have the R/T manual tranny which is a lot of fun to drive for a 4 banger. Loud is cool to a point but I guess I can controll that more with the manual trans. I would like to know at highway speeds (95%) of my commute, are you annoyed from the sound? From the CAI?

#14 ·
I would like to know at highway speeds (95%) of my commute, are you annoyed from the sound? From the CAI?
It's only loud under heavy acceleration, once your at cruising speed it doesn't sound much different than stock.:D

#15 · (Edited)
Good, I can handle that. Oh, I did a mod to my caliber that I forgot to mention. Have you heard of Royal Purple sythentic motor oil. Well if you haven't Speed channel did a test on it. RP claims that it increases HP and decreases engine temps. Well I tried it and its true. I used RP 5w20 and tranny oil too ( tranny oil may be different for automatics) My engine temp went down 2 notches and performance is a slight increase. It might be something to take into account the next time you change your oil. The oil is more expensive 6 buck a quart but RP also claims to protect engine components much longer then conventional. Of course my gas milage did increase about 20-40 per tank load. I sound like a fu#$in commercial. Anyways, these little 4 cylinders need all the help they can get in the world of Magnums and Mustangs. Later

#16 · (Edited)
Good, I can handle that. Oh, I did a mod to my caliber that I forgot to mention. Have you heard of Royal Purple sythentic motor oil. Well if you haven't Speed channel did a test on it. RP claims that it increases HP and decreases engine temps. Well I tried it and its true. I used RP 5w20 and tranny oil too ( tranny oil may be different for automatics) My engine temp went down 2 notches and performance is a slight increase. It might be something to take into account the next time you change your oil. The oil is more expensive 6 buck a quart but RP also claims to protect engine components much longer then conventional. Of course my gas millage did increase about 20-40 per tank load. I sound like a fu#$in commercial. Anyways, these little 4 cylinders need all the help they can get in the world of Magnums and Mustangs. Later
Myself and Prop1 are already users of RP, of course he recruited me to it.;) Just checked the polls, and I see that there are 4 members using Royal Purple

#18 ·
Can't say I noticed much of anything really, but I'm happy to know it's in my engine protecting it.;)

#21 ·
just ordered mine from summit a few minutes ago, wont be here till after 3/9 (backordered) but i cant wait to get it installed =p

#22 ·
FINALLY got my exhaust from summit.. almost a month on backorder. Just installed it (what a pita.. and i have the proper tools too!!) I'm sad its not as loud as I want tho.. but it will get louder as i break it in (its already louder than it was, after 1hr driving/blowing the oil out of the pipes) The exhaust tip pipe doesnt exactly line up with the bumper cutout for the tip, but i got it close enough to not mind. I just wish i had a place to store the stock exhaust without cutting it.. what a monster.

#23 ·
I just wish i had a place to store the stock exhaust without cutting it.. what a monster.
LOL! Mine is stacked up in the corner of my shed collecting dust.:wow: I was happy that my Magnaflow wasn't overly loud, but to each his own I guess. It will break in and get a little louder, but careful what you wish for.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

#28 ·
Magnaflow's website doesn't list one for the 2.4 R/T, just the AWD R/T. Maybe a phone call directly to them may yield better results.

#30 ·
Well, I highly doubt they changed many things under there, and that's why a phone call may clear things up.;)

#33 ·
Bandit Exhaust has it for $330 and they will let you make them a offer with free shipping- best deal I found.
They list the 16634, which if for the AWD Caliber. Not 100% if that will fit the standard R/T

#34 ·
My Magnaflow instructions say....2007-DODGE CALIBER/JEEP COMPASS 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.4L Part number 16759. I bought mine from a Mom and Pop mufflershop for $400.00 installed.

Just call muffler shops and ask for prices and ask for the right part number. A couple miles down the road a name brand muffler shop wanted over $600.00 for the same exhaust system.

#35 ·
My Magnaflow instructions say....2007-DODGE CALIBER/JEEP COMPASS 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.4L Part number 16759.
I thought that might be the case, maybe Magnaflow's website needs to be updated, and other websites too!!

#37 ·
One thing in retrospect, use anti-sieze on the bolts. They get croded over time, unlike the stock system. So if you are going one for new, put anti-sieze on the thread before installing them.

#39 ·
You got a pretty good deal there.:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.