Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Arghhhh I hate these dealers

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jbrowner84 
#1 ·
So, the dealers in Australia are absolutely useless. Had a noise in the rear suspension, they put it down to the parking brake cables, repaired once. noise left all good. Noise came back and again they diagnosed as park brake cables and decided to replace the cables, they have now replaced the cables and 1 day after doing that, ive noticed, my parking brake no longer works. i have it pulled all the way to the top, and it still will only just hold the car, JUST, if i pushed it or rocked around in the car it would easily move.

What have they stuffed up.

#2 ·
I'm not sure if they're adjustable or not, but if so, they didn't adjust them properly. Are you still under warranty? If so, keep taking it back until you're satisfied. If not, contact the consumer complaint # in the back of your owners manual.

#3 ·
That's no excuse....Dealers in the US are just as useless, if not more.

Onto your issue, The parking brake doesn' work because, most likely, after your dealer replaced the cable, they never tightened the cable so pulling the e-brake all the way up will not give you that feeling that the brakes are engaging. Thats a safety issue first off. Secondly, if you paid for the work then take it back, they didn't finish the job.

Dealerships hold the cards on many matters so I would only go to a dealer if I needed service work that other "non-dealer" shops couldn't do. Pretty much the starscan machine, so updating Engine computer software and diagnosing engine issues in a snap of a finger. Otherwise, don't pay 2x the dinero for a sub par job. We work hard for the money we have, no sense in giving it to the dealers that rake in the money from easy referral business. Let the sucker be the next customer.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.