Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Ugh...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Flyinghigh 
#1 ·
So I recently purchased an 07 Caliber from what I thought to be a reputable dealer. The day after I drove it off the lot, the horn and cruise control stops working and the check engine light comes on. I call the salesman and he cheerfully says he will get it in for service at no charge. So I bring it in today and picked it up later on today. The horn works now and the cruise worked... Once.

The service department won't call me back, nor will the salesperson. I'm just a little miffed. I've never had any good luck with dealer service techs. I'm a bit worried that if they decide to bring it in again, I will be charged. I almost feel like I should just tell them to take the damn thing back and give me a different car. I've only had it a week.

#2 ·
Sounds like the clockspring is shot. That's the part that keeps all that stuff on the steering wheel connected while you are turning the wheel. Others have had the issue. Only way to fix it is to replace it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.