Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Which would you/did you choose?

• The cheaper and eco-minded ScanGaugeE.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The more advanced and costly ScanGaugeII.

Votes: 7 100.0%

ScanGaugeE or ScanGaugeII?

5K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  tplush 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm sick of looking for an EVIC equipped console for a good price, so I pose the question. Would you go for a ScanGaugeE or a ScanGaugeII?

The ScnaGaugeE is cheaper by a good 70 bucks, measures youe vehicles CO2 footprint, but only displays 2 gauges at a time and has a few less advanced features than the ScanGaugeII.

The ScanGaugeII does offer 4 gauges along with the X-Gauge and Performance monitor programs in place of the CO2 monitor of the ScanGaugeE.

#3 ·
I I got the scanguageII I placed it above my rearview mirror and ran the cable down the drivers side piller. it's hooked up and gives me continuous readings of whatever I am wondering about.. temps volts milage whatever.. it works plus it gives me codes if I ever get any..I will know if my Caliber is needing attention right away.

I got it off ebay it's not real expensive..and it's worth knowing whats happening while you are driving...and you can use it on most of your cars...

#8 ·
Nabbed my SGII today. Bigger than I thought it would be, but thats good. It's easy to read and operate. Saw my MPGs on the way home from work and got a rude shock. It said my instant mpg was around 19 at 70mph!!! Even with my roof rack on (it is on) I averaged 24 on a full tank.

After I got home I realized the thing was set for an engine size of 3.0L! I knocked it down to 1.8L and am hoping that the readings were just off because the ScanGauge thought I had a bigger engine.

#13 ·
I mounted mine on the rear view mirror the cable is more than long enough to run it up the pillar (inside) and across the windshield tucked in the headliner...small zip ties on the mirror bracket and velcro to the top of the mirror...it's easy to see and glance at ..since you do that anyway right?

#14 ·
I mounted mine on the rear view mirror <other words> it's easy to see and glance at ..since you do that anyway right?
Actually I don't. I hardly use my rear view mirrior at all actually, my side view mirrors tell me everything I need to know.

My first car never had one, thus, I learned to drive without one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.