Dodge Caliber Forum banner

New LED Tail Lights for UN4GTBL

17K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  Aleks 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally ordered the Red LED tail lights off ebay.

Stock vs LED:

All lights on in LED tails:

Brake Lights & Indicators:
(The lower light stays on, dim, and the upper light brightens for the brake lights...I love this!)

More pics:

*Pics are off my BB for now. Will try and grab the nicer camera soon!

EDIT: New Pics -> http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=34472

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks to me like there ought to be a way of wiring in the lower LEDs to our bright fog circuit. Opens up a moding market in the EU.

#7 ·
I don't see why not. There is a wire that comes out of that area and it then goes back in to the main brake light area. I don't see why it wouldn't be able to be customized

#8 ·
How do they achieve the two levels of brightness on the LEDs, are there more elements inside each tube?

#13 ·
Not quite sure. I'm pretty sure its just 1 LED per circle.

Looks great! Reps to you for the cool pictures.
Thanks!!! Reps when I can!

Love these tails !!! They look great on your Cali :rep:
Thanks!!! Reps when I can!

omg these are amazing! are these led lights clear or chrome or just red?
Thanks!!! They are the red LED lights

that looks great...need to check the dimming thing on mine... never noticed it!
Thanks man!

#10 ·
Love these tails !!! They look great on your Cali :rep:

#12 ·
that looks great...need to check the dimming thing on mine... never noticed it!

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#16 ·
checked the dimming thing... but i don't have it...
:shakehead:

#18 ·
#19 ·
^ Thats exactly how mine are. The lower lights stay dim, and the top get brighter when the brakes are on.

sorry if i described this poorly for you...

#20 ·
ahh.... kk... understand they dimm down...
lol

#26 ·
tell me you guys didn't take me seriously..........i know that.

hold on. wait a minute......i should have phrased that diff. " If only you could find a clear with red LED 3rd brake light." Yeah, that's my bust.

Good times. I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry myself to sleep. Yeah, That's how I roll. Don't hate. :) :) :) fun fun

#32 ·
Quick How-To with pics that I forgot to post:

Step 1: Open Hatch

Step 2: Remove these connectors. You will have to pry up the middle section to get them out:

Step 3: Remove stock tail lights. After the above connectors are removed there are two friction connectors holding them on. Firmly pull on the lights straight back to remove them. Twist the bulbs out of the lights. When done you will have this:

Step 4: Unpack new lights and get familiar with the connections. Remove the necessary covers from the turn signal and backup light sockets

Step 5: Connect new lights. You will need to reuse the factor socket for the brake lights. Plug in the harness from the tail lights into that socket. The other bulbs will re-install the same way that they were removed.

Step 6: Carefully feed the wires back into the tail light and secure the brake light socket

Step 7: Re-install the tail lights.

Enjoy!

#34 ·
They will work, but you'll have an empty hole unless you do some rewiring to divide the turn signal and brake into 2 separate bulbs.

#35 · (Edited)
Thread resurrection:

Im thinking of picking up some of these tail lights (the black edition ofc). I have searched around here and have come across some threads in where there is a special relay that is required to make the tipm not think there is a blown out bulb (due to low voltage).

Could I get some clarification on this please? :) Would be much appreciated.

@prop
I also have the 08 2 bulb version -- would you be able to point me in the direction of that rewire mod you are talking about? Thanks bud. :) edit: I've found out that you need to wire up from your front turn signals to the rear -- seems like a pretty simple mod.

#36 ·
Thread resurrection:

Im thinking of picking up some of these tail lights (the black edition ofc). I have searched around here and have come across some threads in where there is a special relay that is required to make the tipm not think there is a blown out bulb (due to low voltage).

Could I get some clarification on this please? :) Would be much appreciated.

@prop
I also have the 08 2 bulb version -- would you be able to point me in the direction of that rewire mod you are talking about? Thanks bud. :)
Knowledge Base for all.

#39 ·
One of the best mods for our Calis, recommended by many users.
I did this one too. Now after several years top 3 LEDs on one side have burnt out.
Not a serviceable part etc sealed unit ...
So anyone have experience or ideas on how to fix.
Thought I saw on here some had similar burnouts on the Headlamp assemblies, was there any resolution there?

#41 ·
#42 ·
No water issues with any aftermarket models and you can replace bulbs in those tails.
I think those heads are the ones with burnt out LEDs I was referring to.
I like the ready made Halos too.

#43 ·
Aftermarket parts are disappearing along with owners. LED tails are out of stock most places. I have 3 burnt out bulbs and replacing the whole unit may not be an option. Dismantling to access the board will likely cause damage and be impossible to effectively reseal. On the plus side there are lots of cheap used original parts.

A couple of links still listing new LED tails though I did not try to order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.