Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Adding Performance Parts

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Prop1 
#1 ·
Hi, im a new member wanting to know how much power my cvt belt can take and if the parts i already put in will decrease its lifetime. ive had my caliber sxt for about a year, its still running great and i really notice the modifications but i dont want to damage anything, especially if im going to put in a turbo.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes - would be best to move to general discussion.

CVT - don't worry about the belt - worry about the rest of it. The JF011E is designed for use on a 2.5 Liter normally aspirated engine. That translates to about 180 HP at the flywheel at about 6000 RPM.

Turbo - Anything is possible, but it would be way lower in cost to trade SXT for a used SRT4 (SRT4 no longer in production)

Adding a turbocharger to an engine not designed for it, can spell disaster - just ask our member Turbo07RT.

#4 ·
at least turbo07RTs engine was a 2.4 he almost got it right. but that was ALOT of money down the drain...

As far as adding Power proformance parts to the cali-

Exhaust
Header
CAI

As far as handeling -

Strut bar
sway bar
tires
springs
ect.

The sxt is not really ment to be a proformance car. especially with the CVT. if you had a 5 speed you could play around with it more..

Simple solution, buy a SRT...

#5 ·
IMHO - you will get the most satisfaction from the handling mods.

Engine mods - K&N drop in filter or "CAI" are quick and easy and might add a little to performance. A header will help even more. Catback exhaust - not sure of performance increase, but a definite change in exhaust sound.

#6 ·
i would estimate (guess) maybe 10hp for all three? its a complete guess though. no one has dyno'd a CVT yet that i know of..

The exhuast should help with the backflow and add some performance.

Me changing the exhaust system (headers all the way to the tips) im adding 25% more HP and 13% better gass mileage
Thats also a 390 V8...

#7 ·
Welcome to the Calibration! There are limits to the CVT equiped Calibers. As said, a header, intake, exhaust is pretty much it. Past that is uncharted waters.

#11 ·
And I moved it to where it really belonged...the SXT performance mods forum.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.