Dodge Caliber Forum banner

New 2010 Caliber with issues.

10K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  08Sunburst 
G
#1 ·
Within the past couple of days, my wife and I became owners of a 2010 Caliber. It's an awesome car, but here's our problem. During the prep process of this car prio to delivery, the ashtray was removed and/or stolen. The dealer (who, by the way, has earned and 'F' rating from the BBB) said they will order another. My saleman just came to my house, saying he got me an ashtray. When I looked at it, it was an ashtray from a Ram, and not from a Caliber. Their website had many pictures of this car, which included a from driver area picture that showed the ashtray sitting in its' spot. Unfortunately, the ad has been removed from their website. I believe an employee at this dealer stole the ashtray. To make a long story short, I need a photo of a Caliber ashtray, which I cannot find anywhere. When my wife and I first test drove this car, we commented on the ashtray and how it looked like a coffe mug. So, I need a picture... if you have one or can point me to a website that shows it, I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance !!!

#3 ·
#5 · (Edited)
you can always find an alternative. at your local walmart...I found one at walmart, looked like a coffee mug but had a hole small enough for a cigarette butt to fit into and dies it out so theres minimal smell in the car. I found it while in the checkout line, and a lot cheaper than $50

kinda looks like this
http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/images/products/categories/ag_bobkin.jpg

#7 ·
why would you smoke in your new car? BARF!

#8 ·
For sure. Only smoke in my car is from my tires. Not that I do that or anything. It was an accident Officer, I swear.:gr_grin:

Reactions: adio1010
G
#10 ·
Issues? The drivers door outside mirror was supposed to be heated. It isn't, they had to order a new one. I had to bring it back a day after I got it to have scratches buffed off the drivers side doors. Things like this are unacceptable to me when you buy a new car. The ashtray? I don't smoke, but it was stolen out of the car. Should have checked the BBB beofre going to this dealer, the BBB rates them an F. Oh well, live and learn. But I love the Caliber!!

#11 ·
Issues? The drivers door outside mirror was supposed to be heated. It isn't, they had to order a new one. I had to bring it back a day after I got it to have scratches buffed off the drivers side doors. Things like this are unacceptable to me when you buy a new car. The ashtray? I don't smoke, but it was stolen out of the car. Should have checked the BBB beofre going to this dealer, the BBB rates them an F. Oh well, live and learn. But I love the Caliber!!
Consider yourself lucky that the dealer buffed out the door. Scratches, scuffs, paint chips and the like are almost always blamed on the owner of the car - no warranty.

Failed heated mirror - that's why they have warranties.

Bad dealer - almost all car dealers are "shysters" - you can't get away from that.

#14 ·
Walmart sells similar cups for $2 ( with convenience handles for emptying)

Good to hear that the Dodge issues with new Calibers have now come down to the choice selected Dodgey dealers.

#15 ·
My Caliber came with ashtray , my Patriot came with ashtray & my Avenger came with ashtray. When I exchanged the Cali & the Pat I kept the Ashtrays , so now my Avenger has 3 ashtrays...Great for Mints, loose change, receipts etc & they just drop into any cup holder.....Hee Hee

#19 ·
In all the Chrysler products I have owned the heated mirrors worked in conjunction
with the rear window defroster being activated.

#21 ·
I smoke in my car on occasion, but i have no burns, and there is no smell. I still get people commenting how the car still smells brand new.

Im not dumb about it though. I see some people smoking with the windows all the way up, ash ALL over the car, etc etc. I could NEVER do that to my car.

When i smoke, its both windows down, vents blowing high speed, and the cigarette stays out of the window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.