Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Almost fell over dead!

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  DKazoroski 
#1 ·
I picked up some of the push pins for the tail lights today at Gary Barbera's Autoland down in Northeast Philadelhhia.

When I asked the price, the parts guy said NO CHARGE!!

Almost caused me to have a stroke and a heart attack at the same time.

Never heard that from a Ford or GM dealer (I mean stealer)!

#2 ·
That is strange!! They usually nickel and dime you to death.:wow:

#3 ·
The guy will probably get fired when they find out...then again, maybe he already turned in his resignation!:eek:

#7 ·
Must be starting to stray away from being a capitalist! ;)

#8 ·
The same pins are used on the wheel liner trim. One of mine at the front was missing after service. The dealer would not replace it even under warranty.

I just paid the $3.

#9 ·
Or is it that times are changing?

Car sales in the US are way down, with little relief in sight. Chrysler in particular, needs to rebuild their status and the "tarnished reputation" of their dealerships (some DCJ dealers have widely know negative reps).

Maybe, just maybe, they are starting to focus a little more on customer service.

A few people that I talked to today have also noticed a "kinder and gentler" dealership experience. They need to "play nice" in order to get their share of the shrinking car buying dollar. A neighbor who recently bought a Toyota:smiledown:, said that the dealership seemed to genuinely appreciative for the chance to make a sale.

adio1010 - Actually they are moving more toward capitalism - taking a risk that I will remember their good will and come back to buy bigger and better things.
That's what capitalism is - freely taking a risk, with the hope of a reward.

#11 ·
We used to give those away at the CJD dealer where i worked. They werent a big cost item and we bought them in bulk.. No problem giving them away if we can keep or make a customer happy and possibly gain a new one down the road...

That's kind of what I figured - what are they - cheap moulded plastic - probably about $10.00 for a bag of 100 pcs.
They are the typical "expendable" item.
Freebies that don't even get listed on a repair ticket.

But, yes - a very nice gesture, a good selling tool for repeat buiness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.