Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Button Motors Dodge in Kokomo,In

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SHDYS0919 
#1 ·
My sisters 2008 caliber se troubleshot by them as having a bad air conditioner compresser for clacking noise. I listened to it and told her it sounded more like the alternater. The sound being made even with the a/c off. So they told her she could wait untill she came up with the 1000 for a new a/c compresser. Well she called me today . Stranded in Muncie the alternater went out and it ran off battery for a few minutes ,battery lite idiot lamp on of course. Then it shut down. Beware of Dodge dealership in Kokomo. Button motors are really not a dealership to buy or take your car to for service.:wavey:

#2 ·
Looks like they were quick to jump on the fact that they were dealing with a woman and threw out the most expensive repair they could think of. That's why I do all of my own maintenance. She's lucky she has you to depend on. I'm guessing you're going to fix it for her, right??

#3 ·
Even if you can't do your own work, it is always good to be able to diagnose the problem. I've done that for years. I do all my own basic repairs, but when it comes to the "big stuff", I figure out what it is and take it in to get done.

#4 ·
no acualyy dodge dealership in Muncie, In had to do it for her i`m down sick with the most horrible flu. She had to have done there cuz thats where she broke down. I don`t know if i would have undertaked that. It involves alot of work to do. Acoording to the service manual that i have on dvd. They had to order the alternator all. It also threw fault codes for the TCM module but it was due to the alternator.:smileup:

#5 ·
Ouch!! I hope she didn't have to take out a loan to pay them. LOL Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and get as much rest as possible. The flu isn't anything to be taken lightly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.