Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Worst dealer ever!

8K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  legns 
#1 ·
The dealer i bought my cali from DIDN'T disclose anything besides it was owned by the dealership used as a rental. Found out they had repainted the roof and rear bump due to someone "keying" the paint. Also when they detailed it, they didnt do the job until 2 weeks after i received it they half a$$ed it too, swirls through the paint only cleaned the windows didnt clean any of the plastic. In the end i complained to chrysler got the roof repainted because they didnt a horrible job the first time they did it and got the paint rebuffed. If they had been more honest up front i would have gotten more knocked off the price.

#2 ·
That is just wrong :smiledown: Bad dealer !
Sorry but I didn't understand, you got the roof repainted after complaining ?

#5 ·
This is normal of all car dealers..........These people are "NOT" your friends. They are only there to "SUCK" you dry.

#6 ·
The dealer I tryed to buy a new caliber from couldnt tell me the price of one after 45 mins in the dealership I walked out and went down the road and bought a used one from a jeep dealer. (the first dealer got to stay open and the Jeep dealer had to stop selling cryslers afer there bankrupsy.) Now I have to deal with the Idiots at Litha for any warranty work I need done on my Caliber.

#7 ·
the dealer i had this problem with was Taylor Chrysler In Hamilton Ontario.....And yes after i complained they re painted the roof.....the first time the had done it (before i bought it) they left sanding scratches and painted part of the trim to the car.....when they took it in to fix it they didnt even have the courtesy to give me a rental car for the 2 days they had it....talk about being bent over by a dealer.....next time im buying new from the dealership i used to work at lol

#8 · (Edited)
Good Dealership Experience with Body Repair

After I had my car for six months (December to June) I noticed a small place on the hood while giving it a waxing. Long story short....Chrysler's records showed it was repaired and painted (probably transport damage) two months before I bought it. The dealership was within days of being shut down. The owner also owns several other dealerships. I spoke with him and they repaired it at Pioneer Chevrolet in Abingdon, Virginia. They loaned me a car...they repaired and painted the hood and then were not satisfied themselves and repeated the repair. Anyone who lives near the area consider buying a product from this dealership family.

#9 ·
I agree with Dave up above:

Car dealers have only one purpose - to sell cars.
They do not get paid well for warranty work. so they gouge paying service customers.
Anything that they can get away with is generally acceptable practice at ALL dealerships - no one is exempt.

#10 ·
My dealer tried to get me to buy the first Cali they showed me. Never mentioned the SXT or the autostick option. I did my homework and picked the one I wanted. Dealt directly with the Sales mgr bypassing the salesman. I think they get a bonus if they sell you a car on the first visit. "What do I need to do to get you to buy this car today?"

#13 ·
not exactly true... They just get commission when the deal is done. If a salesman has not had a good month, and you roll in there looking at cars on the 25th of the month, they will try and pressure you a bit more to get the commission before payday.

as for everyone else ranting about dealerships, it is a business. It is out to make money. They are not there to be your friends, they are there to sell you stuff. If you do not like dealing with a business, then go elsewhere!

#11 ·
I was checking stuff over on my car last night (better late then never) Checked the cabin air filter.....it was plug solid.....went to the dealer to get it....its a special order and they told me to come back tomorrow which i did and now i can feel the breeze al all fan speeds not just at high. my owners manual never stated anything about the cabin filter....and it was like the dealer didnt even know about it

#16 ·
I checked my manual several times....it looks like it was ommited but then again i still ended up having to get it from a dealership Canadian tire didnt have it listed and neither did parts source....as for Napa i refuse to deal with them but thats a different story

#18 ·
My dealer stocks the cabin air filters. I change mine once every two years because i only drive around 5,000 miles a year. If you drive normal mileage you should change them every 12,000 miles or once a year. I think the part number is 5058381-AA FILTER A/ 14029020.

#21 ·
This is a benefit for those who wish to have it. If cost is an issue and you just want clear ventilation throw it away and deal with the dust and odours yourself.

#22 ·
Today i called a dealership to find out what tsb's were done or if the rrt had been done to my cali, got told to call chrysler to find out, so i went to another dealer just down the road from them they ran my vin gave me a print out of the 24 month service/repair/warranty sheet and foudn out the dealer that i had bought the car from had not done any TSB's Or the RRT on my cali....needless to say the dealer i bought from lost a customer for good....going to the dealer that ran my vin so i knew if anything had infact been done to my cali.

#23 ·
Beware Of Zannetti Dodge!

Bought my brand new 2009 Cali SXT in July from Zannetti Dodge in the Bronx, NY. I was not ready to take the car that day because I had a 2006 Accord lease that was ready to be returned to Honda. The dealer and sales manager convinced me to leave the honda and they would return it. So I bought and drove away my Caliber. Long story short , they never returned my Honda. This caused me to default on my lease to the tune of just over $3000! Never trust Zannetti Dodge. Small claims court here I come!

#24 ·
I had to bring my Cali in to get the CVT fluid changed after i accidentally pulled the CV shaft out of it while replacing the lower control arm and the rest of the front. :shakehead: I also asked them to please give the car an inspection. I get a call a couple of hours later saying my brand new ball joints need to be replaced. To keep the story short it was not the brand new ball joint but a loose tie rod. These guys are as dumb as a box or rocks i would never use these guys Browns D/C/J in Long Island

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.