Dodge Caliber Forum banner

SQ Caliber Build Pics

35K views 94 replies 29 participants last post by  basher8621 
#1 · (Edited)
This is going to be a long process so please be patient on waiting for pics. My goal for this project is SQ and my goal is to make it to USACi finals one day and win. Here is list of everything used in the car:
Head Unit: Panasonic CQ-VD7005N
Speakers: Midbass and tweeters will be Ultra Subs and the midrange will be a Hybrid Audio L3.
Sub: 2 10" Ultra LV10's
Amps: Sub - Alpine PDX-1.1000, Midbass - PDX-4.150, Midrange and highs - PDX-4.100
Processor: Audison BitOne.1
Wiring - KnuKonceptz
Sound Deadening - SecondSkin Audio

First I started out with the simple task of re-wiring the head unit. Each wire that was not used (stock speaker wires) were pulled out of the harness's with needle nose pliers which left me with only the wires required to turn on the head unit. Each wire was soldered and then covered with heat shrink.

Once the wiring was done I wrapped all of the head unit wires in tech flex.

Next I started sound deadening the car. I am waiting on some pictures to be put on a CD at wal mart to copy them so I only have a few.
Here is the dash cover which will be where the L3's will be mounted. I forst put down a layer of Damplifier Pro.

After that since Overkill Pro was too big to use I guess I was smart enough to buy one sheet of regualr overkill which came in handy.

The next step after the dash was the a pillars. The first part of the a pillars was again to lay down a layer of damplifier pro.

The next step to the a pllar was a layer of Overkill Pro.

In a day or two I will post pictures of the rest of the interior sound deadening.

See less See more
#81 ·
They are not that hard to remove.

I have heard 25% from a lot of people. I have never tested it myself. Even when I help people doing basic jobs we cover up all the metal with one layer mainly because it is easier than going back and taking the door apart and laying more down. The less you take the panels off the tighter things stay and the less rattles you will get as well. Not saying the 25% coverage does not do the job, I have never tested it.

#85 ·
Clicking on his name and choosing his profile shows last November being his last visit. Military people can go missing for extended periods.

Reactions: DKazoroski
#88 ·
Glad to hear from you anyway :wavey:

#87 ·
Hi basher, do you have an email address i could contact you at? Or if you can remember, how did you run speaker wire through the harness plug for the doors? I have my interior stripped, just cant figure out how to get speaker wire to the doors? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks
Sam

#90 ·
I may. It may not do you any good. It was built for the subs I had in it. It was a total internal volume of 1.25 I believe tuned to 32Hz and to get that tune we had to run the port from where you see it on the side ALL the way down behind both subs. The port seriously goes almost the entime length of the enclosure.

#94 ·
Well, that's a bummer!! What did you get?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.