Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Factory amps

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  damionnc 
#1 ·
does anyone know what you need to replace the factory amp/amps. I have no complaints w/ the rear amp for the sub, But I want to replace the tiny one behind the radio w/ a 6 channel. I want to run 6.5 CDT comps front door w/ tweets in the corner/front dash -rear Rainbow 6.5 comps w/tweets on door panel facing up & bypass the Musicgate rears and whatever they put in the dash up front can I just tap in and run a new amp in place of the factory one or do I need a harness / if I need to replace both amps do I just need 1 harness. Any suggestions ? experience? ideas? help? thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I haven't done it, but there is plenty of info already here that will answer your questions. All the amps have digital inputs, and you'll need a harness because of the CanBus.

#3 · (Edited)
re:amps

yeh I picked that up- I didnt find any info about the factory amps as far as can you bypass only one (the 8 channel) since they have digital inputs. The info I have read seems to be about replacing all amps from people w/o the "upgraded" factory system am I just misunderstanding? is it simpler/cheaper to just replace the HU and not have to deal w/ this + gain subwoofer control or can this be acheived by using an EQ or 3 way active crossover specifically.

Prop you are right I didnt spend enough time reading I found my answer -thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.