Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Tail light tint?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  LilStacy08 
#1 ·
On this site they offer headlight/foglight tint for the caliber, now they have an option for custom tail light tint (because they don't already have it for sale) so i would have to do: http://www.rvinyl.com/smokedtaillights/custom.htm

I was trying to avoid buying the spray tint, because of over spraying and if it gets scratched or something, and something removable if need be.

Has anyone ordered this, if so how does it look?

#2 ·
With spray tint, overspray wouldn't be an issue, considering you take the tailight off the car. A vinyl tint is worse then a spray tint because with vinyl it can scratch. A spray tint will last way longer then the vinyl.

Also mod's this should be moved to exterior lighting

#4 ·
I'd go with VHT but some people use a high gloss black as well

#5 ·
Now lastly how do i find out if its really legal in my state, even though i seen several people with it, im not sure if there is regulations on how dark i can go (same thing with the tinted windows for example...)

#7 ·
Alot of highway patrol and police say that nothing is aloud over lights, cause they have specefic regulations they have to met like how far you can see the lights and all that.

I know I don't drive on the highway unless I absoluty have to with my windows done RCMP in canada love to pull people over for any little thing.

#8 ·
I might just paint the inside of my headlights (don't care for chrome much, looks kinda cheap) and i wouldn't tint them then, maybe i could spray just a little bit to it...

Than for the tails, i would like to tint, or maybe ill get an aftermarket tailight... not sure yet. Im checking into the laws..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.