Dodge Caliber Forum banner

No more Pontiac's

12K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  Aleks 
#1 ·
I just heard this on the news alittle while ago. G.M. is not going to make the Pontiac brand anymore. Pontiac was my favorite G.M. product.

#36 ·
"For the first time in a very long time, the conversation surrounding GM isn’t about health care costs, or bankruptcy, or rebate incentives. It’s about making great cars."

GM design vice president Ed Wellburn " bold styling is a way to set cars apart from other brands, especially now, when carmakers are locked in a technology arms race. No brand will have a technology advantage for long these days. It’s almost becoming the price of admission. Instead design is the great differentiator.”

The concept for a new Buick flagship bears none of the brand’s reputation as an Old Man’s Car. The Buick Avenir — French for “future” — is a rear-wheel-drive beauty, with a long hood, wide hips and swept back that pays homage to the Riviera of the past, yet in a decidedly modern way. It’s a big car — 8 inches longer than today’s largest model, the Buick LaCrosse — and is based on the same platform as Cadillac’s upcoming CT6 flagship sedan.

“Buick, under the design leadership of Harley Earl, created the industry’s first concept vehicle and for more than 75 years each new Buick concept has pushed the brand forward and influenced the industry through great design,” said the vice president of General Motors Global Design, Ed Welburn. “From designs that push the boundaries of graceful, elegant proportions and progressive interior designs, Buick’s concepts have always inspired with the relevance of a future that is not too far away.” (Y-Job (1938) it previewed features that eventually would become common throughout the industry such as power windows, flush-mounted door handles, disappearing headlamps, and a concealed convertible top.)

To me the Due South look was about the rear window but I can see it in the trunk lid.

Way better than the Shanghai attempt from 2 years ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.