Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Replaced the stock 6x9 speakers

41K views 74 replies 27 participants last post by  Hykeer 
#1 ·
Today i replaced my rear stock speakers with some JVC 285 wattspeakers, took me around 20 mins to do, cost me £31/$62 delivered for the 2, just too replace the front now, here's some pics of them fitted..:smileup:

stock speakers..

new JVC speakers...

See less See more
#33 ·
I got a gift token off a friend for xmas, so in the sales i got these MOS Ministry of Sound 6x9 for the front doors, a bargain at £20/$35 and they are 350 watt.. look and sound better than the stock...

#35 ·
I purchased both sets blue and green off ebay and installed them myself, they look great at night and i get so many comments,, a good cheap mod..

#37 ·
I would be honoured if you did.. they are cold cathode neon tubes, i'm sure you already know that, and i joined them all and connected to a cigar socket..

#38 ·
Here's a few pics of them to show how good they look...

i also have the blue LED festoon bulbs in the map and courtasy lights...

#40 ·
Some cool half and half neons too, red/blue and red/green.. mine are the 12" neons..

#42 ·
Basher, they are DVD player headrest in leather, they are also MP3 and have games and accept memory cards also... i'm not sure what make they are but they were advertised for a Mercedes and have Sony lasers..

#44 ·
The speaker trim rings were off ebay also, they just stick over with silicone, they are quite cheap..

#45 ·
I think the next think i will do is paint those gray door handles/openers..

#46 ·
LOL! this thread has 4 different topics, let's stay more on topic from now on.:smileup:

#48 ·
How to you wire the speakers up? I am going to buy new door speakers today and have no clue. I installed my own amp and sub and that was pretty easy, do the door speakers just involve a pos / neg wires.

#49 ·
I believe the stock speakers have OEM connectors, but all you need to know is which is positive and negative, and splice on new connectors.

#54 ·
Brendy do you have the model number on those 6x9s? I will def be replacing my speakers, but I really wanna find out the mounting depth limits on what I can fit.

Anyone else too that can post model numbers for what you used front and rear would be a great help!

#55 · (Edited)
I currently have CDT speakers. I am soon upgrading to either Morel or Autophile Point Source. http://www.theautophile.com/products/PS16.html or http://morelhifi.com/products/mob_3way_elate.html which ever i use will be ran active without the passive crossovers.

Personally I feel upgrading rear speakers is a waste of money. Spend that money you would spend on the rears to get better fronts.

However before buying new speakers listen to everything within your budget and buy what sounds best to your ear.

#57 ·
Kicker is a good company. I personally do not like the sound of them though. I would suggest listening to them at a local store if possible. For about 5 bucks more I can get you a set of CDT 6x9's shipped. They are brand new in the box from a fully authorized CDT dealer. If you are interested PM me for more info.

#58 ·
Well the only places i know of that is near me is best buy, and i seen on most of their website that it all doesn't fit my car. They have a small selection. Thats why i looked on ebay and all.

#62 ·
I found wiring adapters at Crutchfield that allowed me to use the factory connectors. No cutting or soldering of wires. I just disconnected the factory quick connect, attached the wiring adapter which snapped into the factory harness connector, and attached the positive and negative to the speakers. Made the install very smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.