Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Oregon anyone?

11K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  CaliberBabe68 
#1 ·
dont be shy :loser1:

#2 ·
A quick search in the forum and I found only a few members from Oregon......maybe that's why you have no response yet.:(

#4 ·
Hi Redize...Here in Washington, we started thinking about a gathering of Caliber Northwesterners near Mt. Rainier. Some Oregonians responded positively, but the activity for the Meet seems to have fizzled. At one point one of the Enumclaw(outside Mt.Rainier Park) members had contacted one of the Enumclaw Chrysler dealers to sponsor the Meet. The dealer replied positively but little has been said lately.

#5 ·
Hey Now Boys.....Stella is here, I got your message on the Calidogs LOL
Anyway, Let's look at June 10th. That is a Sunday and I should have my money by then. It's enough time to say for this wonderful trip. I have been waiting since the end of Sept. for this one. So Let's do it.
Stellababe is ready to meet all of you. Say Redize were about are you here in Oregon? An no my Steel Blue Cali is the hottest around here....LOL (named her~Xena)
If ya'll need my addy to talk more and such here it is: Stella071258@yahoo.com
I look forward in this Meet!!!
Happy Trails,
Stella

#6 ·
Hey Redize,
Stella here. I live in Portland area. Where about do you live in Oregon?
Are you going to the meet that Norm & Litsong are getting together. I am and would love to have ya on the road w/me....
We would be twins....LOL
Let me know. I think it would be a fun drive. It's now been set for Juen 10th.
Happy Trails,
Stella

#8 ·
Hi mmjetta...I'm in Washington. Decades ago I thought eastern Oregon was much like eastern Washington. But its not. I love eastern Oregon(I love all of Oregon & Washington too...hey I love the U.S...& Canada...I like the Earth...I'm an amateur astronomer so I love the universe). But I really love traveling E.O. Whereas traveling parts of E.W. can get bland, E.O. keeps changing & I love all aspects of it...from the mountains to ocean to farmlands to lakes to high desert to canyons to....

#9 ·
Oregon here...

Yeah..E.O. Rocks...I was born n raised here, wouldn't leave for anything...and YES..you can get so many variances traveling thru our state....quite a combo of a little of everything...we've spent quite abit of time in WA too..its also a very scenic state...thanks for writing and I've enjoyed all of your posts!
MMJETTA

#10 · (Edited)
Hi mmjetta...Just noted you live in John Day. I'm going to eastern Oregon to introduce my wife to the loveliness of driving. She has led such a practical life, she doesn't feel the advantages of drifting along like a tumbleweed & letting the car take you places you've never been. She's also an artist & wants to see landscapes she may use in her paintings. As a resident of John Day, can you give tips to places to visit in the John Day area, far & near. I've traveled thru John Day once (but only as a tumbleweed & the wind kept blowing me along).

#11 ·
Eastern Oregon

Lite...
Lets see....in this area, you'll need to see the Fossil Beds, thats pretty amazing PLUS you can take a cool hike up into the hills...nice country there...
THEN the Murderers Creek are of the Malheur Nat'l Forest:
Description:

Murderers Creek Work Center is located approximately 32 miles from the town of John Day, Oregon at 5000 feet in elevation. This building was constructed in 1913 and is one of the oldest standing buildings in the Malheur National Forest. It was built originally for use as a fire work center and has been used as a fire work center until the late 1990's. The facility consists of two cabins. The older one room cabin is equipped with a propane cook stove, propane refrigerator, propane lights and a small wood stove for heat. The newer bunkhouse has propane heaters, propane lights and four twin beds. NO POTABLE WATER IS AVAILABLE. A primitive vault toilet is located near the work center. Firewood may be available on site and can be gathered from the surrounding forestarea of the Maheur Nat'l Forest.

you'll see anything from wild horses to cattle, fish in the streams and who knows what else..its beautiful there...you can even rent out the "work center" for you to stay a few nights...breath taking area..
Then you can venture on to Burns (Harney County) they can provide a Bird Refuge and all kids of other things to do/see and enjoy...just google all of the above I've mentioned and you'll get all kinds of info...
Hope you can come and enjoy our area....let me know~
mmjetta

#13 ·
I grew up in Oregon~ lived in Salem and Silverton~ I've been through about every city, walked the immense forests, and kayaked down the Santiam and Willamette Rivers~love the coast from Astoria to Florence.

I still have family in Woodburn and go back to my stomping grounds when I get the chance..

I'm in Waah-shington for the work!

:BL:

#14 ·
Southern Oregon

Hey, I'm in Oregon. Southern to be exact. We are one of the thousand Calibers I see driving around here. Car is a stock black r/t. We are currently on the hunt for a permanent roof rack for it. Gotta have someplace to put the x-mas tree this year. Living in mail-order-Medford makes that hard to do.

#15 ·
Hey, I'm in Oregon. Southern to be exact. We are one of the thousand Calibers I see driving around here. Car is a stock black r/t. We are currently on the hunt for a permanent roof rack for it. Gotta have someplace to put the x-mas tree this year. Living in mail-order-Medford makes that hard to do.
I'm in Washington state. You can read my posts in this thread. I love Oregon.

#17 · (Edited)
Howdy, all. I'm in Wyoming now, but grew up in WA/OR. Love the NW but got tired of the W.WA traffic and rain so my wife and I moved to Cheyenne; where the sun always shines, living is cheap, and the roads are always wide open. All my family is in WA/OR; my Mom & kids are in Seattle and my Dad is in Eugene.

Hey, has anyone been to Novak's hungarian restauraunt in Albany? If not you really should go! It's some of the best food in the world. http://www.novakshungarian.com/

#19 ·
Eastern oregon

Hey guys & ladies,
I'm over in the Burns area of Oregon small little town. Havent seen anyone with my bumblebee yellow color. Thought it was a rare color til i went on a trip & had 1 park right next to mine. wish I would have had a camera with me LOL

#23 ·
Oi! Silverton OR Here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.