Dodge Caliber Forum banner

R/T 0-60 time

20K views 60 replies 23 participants last post by  Spz0 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone done a 0-60 test stock? I am seeing about 11 seconds without using the autostick. Does that sound close?

G
#2 ·
Caliber R/T FWD........5 SPD!

It wouldnt let me post a new topic on the main board, so ill do it here. Just 2 days ago i picked up my Caliber R/T FWD with a 5 Speed, and i LOVE it! I have read many reviews about the caliber and i noticed that most of the grunting and groaning was directed at the un-responsive auto tranny. So i got the 5spd. Im here to tell you that the 2.4 has alot of umph available! I felt a little guilty smoking the tires off a car with only 5 miles on it, but i just HAD to see if she had the balls that i hoped she had! And she does:) Ok, so it may have been a little wet on the road, but she still lit em up through 3rd gear!, smoke pouring from the wheel wells! I love this car! Is there anyone else out there who got the 5spd????

#28 ·
It wouldnt let me post a new topic on the main board, so ill do it here. Just 2 days ago i picked up my Caliber R/T FWD with a 5 Speed, and i LOVE it! I have read many reviews about the caliber and i noticed that most of the grunting and groaning was directed at the un-responsive auto tranny. So i got the 5spd. Im here to tell you that the 2.4 has alot of umph available! I felt a little guilty smoking the tires off a car with only 5 miles on it, but i just HAD to see if she had the balls that i hoped she had! And she does:) Ok, so it may have been a little wet on the road, but she still lit em up through 3rd gear!, smoke pouring from the wheel wells! I love this car! Is there anyone else out there who got the 5spd????
ive got the 5spd to and i have a buddy with the CVT....the 5spd is much faster in a drag...has a lot more pull topend and
0-60 time is about 1-2seconds faster...around 8-9.5 sec

G
#3 · (Edited)
almost forgot

Forgot to mention, i am stationed in Germany with the Army, so as soon as my 1000 mile break in period is up, i will post some top end specs.......the autobahn is my best friend!!!! Im sure it wont be traveling much over 120MPH but ya never know. If i want to get my top speed kicks, ill take the beamer out. I have a 1990 BMW 735i, not to be mistaken for a luxurious vehicle(it is quite the hooptey!), and she gets up to 150MPH plus!

#5 · (Edited)
5spd R/T w/fwd

Joe-obviously I have the 5spd with the FWD I do love it too!!! I knew that CVT would be a pain. My brother has it in his orange SXT and has figured out how to sling shot it to pass and get the power he needs. I am truly surprised by the power it has when in fifth gear on the open freeway. My only complaint is no turbo. I really want the turbo, I custom ordered this car to get the 5spd with the fwd and it is a great combo. Still not has fun as my 1981 and 1983 Dodge Challenger (Misti) with a 5 speed, rear wheel drive and 2.6 liter 4cyl. Boy those cars were fast and fun. Don't get me wrong, this car is fast and fun but soon I will be green with envy when the SRT 4 drivers pass me! :( :( :(

#12 · (Edited)
I just hit 3500 miles and maybe I'm crazy but my 2.4 with the stick seems to be getting faster by the day??? When I first got her she kinda chugged a little maybe I was just being cautious but now I find myself flying through the gears, blowing past people on the back country roads, the sport suspension really allows me to take curves big time. I do prefer the stick, I like control being front wheel drive only it help when I get that suprise snow during work and do not have the Jeep. :shakehead: I cannot wait to get the CAI and exhaust to see if I can pick up some additional HP. I was going to get he 1.8 for the good mileage, but I am glad to only get 26MPG and have the additional pick up.

#14 ·
I never do blame them when I am breaking the law. I work very closely with law enforcement in my job and it always amazes me how many of them speed, blow through stop signs and do the very things I get tickets for. Of course we are pretty rural here and the freeways are empty and wide open, they love guys like me. So do deer! I don't drive like a madman every chance, so put your ticket book down.
:Racing:

#18 ·
my caliber runs about 9.1-9.5 seconds on 0-60, i have AWD R/T, its really fun...i smoked a v-6 cevy the other day, it had a flowmaster and k/n, and i still smoked it...:4-jump2: maybe im just a better driver!
Any mods done to your car to make it that fast?

#19 ·
yup

extreem cherry bomb, short ram intake from a ford focus, tubonator, and perfecting the break in...my dad tought me how to make your car jumpy, he told me first 500 miles keep it under 45 then 500-1000 just floor it for about 2 seconds then drive regular, it traind my tranny to be jumpy, or thats what he said...( so dont tell me im wrong, cuz im in the blue;) ) but other than that its all the same, im thinking about tuning it up too...dont know what that would do though...but that training procedure i did with my car, is what my father did with his chevy silverado 04, and that did 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, my friend and i rode it one day and tested it with a stop watch...so yea, hope that helps...lata

#20 ·
If anybody cares

Okay... if anybody cares.
I have an SXT 2.0 engine, CVT trans. stock-only. nothing added or tweaked.

I got 9.90 seconds in 0-60.
I wasn't too impressed...but i bought the vehicle for gas savings and good looks. LOL
:4-looney: . so... by that count...i guess that means i need to leave. Laters....

#21 ·
Okay... if anybody cares.
I have an SXT 2.0 engine, CVT trans. stock-only. nothing added or tweaked.

I got 9.90 seconds in 0-60.
I wasn't too impressed...but i bought the vehicle for gas savings and good looks. LOL
:4-looney: . so... by that count...i guess that means i need to leave. Laters....
That sounds very close to my R/T AWD.

#22 ·
Ok, I have a BLACK R/T FWD 5SP :Racing: and I'm looking to add a few mods to it. I already have the K&N Air Intake on it, but I was wondering if the Header that is currently being sold by Mopar would fit the 2.4L engine? Also, where could I get a performance exhaust system with stainless steel piping?

#25 ·
The mopar header and exaust will fit the FWD Caliber. It will NOT fit the AWD because they use a different part from the block down, none of the parts are interchanable. With the 2.4L R/T FWD you have the same header, cat, and exaust system that the other cars have, except for the exaust tip. The Headder will bold to your downpipe which feeds the cat. The place that the header and down pipe meet is a big square piece.

The AWD has a larger diamater downpipe, that narrows, and feeds a smaller cat, which looks more like a resonator at first glance. They change the exaust system on the AWD because of the drive shaft path.

The Mopar cat-back system will fit your car. It has 2 exaust tips though. The Magnaflow FWD system model # 16759 is for the 2.0L FWD, BUT The 1.8L, 2.0L and 2.4L FWD cars all have the same exaust system from the block back. The R/T has a crome tip, otherwise is the same part block to tip, therefore the 16759 for the 2.0L will fit the 1.8L and the 2.4L IF IT IS FWD.

Magnaflow has a 16634 for the R/T 2.4L AWD, which is a different part and is not compatable with any other models, and they have the SRT-4 exaust as well, which I dont know anything about.

Both the Magnaflow and the Mopar exaust are made from stanless steel. I believe another manufacture makes an exaust for the Caliber, but I cannot remember which brand.

#24 ·
I think the Mopar headers aren't for the 2.4L.

I know Kook's will fab custom headers and exhaust for you, but it's a bit of a drive to get there (for you). That's on my to-do list when work slows up a bit, if ever.
The headders will work with the R/T FWD 2.4L. It will NOT work on the AWD version of the R/T 2.4L. The reason is that the drive shaft changes the exaust path, and they have a different header, down pipe, cat, and complete exaust system. Everything from the block back is different, and none of the parts are inter-changable when you get AWD. You have FWD, therefore all of the Mopar performance parts will fit.

#26 · (Edited)
I got my G-Tech Pro back from a friends kid who had borrowed it some time back. Last time he borrows anything from me, but that's another story. Anyway, I had a little time to plug it in and play around with the R/T, very little time, but, enough for three zero to sixties and two quarter mile bursts.
So far, and this was with little effort on my part, 32 degrees outside temp. Dead stock 2008 R/T w/CVTII, 210 pounds of goofball at the wheel, just over half tank of QT 87 octane. 4300 or so miles on the clock.
Never once mashed the pedal to the floor.

Best 0-60 8.6 sec.
Second best 0-60 8.9 sec. (in drive)
Best 1/4 mile 16.62 @85.6 mph
Worst 0-60 9 flat (w/AutoStick)
Worst 1/4 17.02 @82 mph (w/AutoStick)

Now, I was just running out to a friends house for a bit and I knew there was a nice flat stretch of less-than-traveled road. If I had more time and an even less less-than-traveled road, I'm sure I could find a peak combo for 0-60 and quarter. Again, this was with little effort on my part to squeeze out a good number, just trying to get an idea of what is there. Sure better than claimed by most "Profesional Drivers/writers...:rolleyes: I'll be doing this again as time/weather permits, I want a solid baseline before I go and monkey with this thing. Like sticking a Mopar Performance Cat Back system on it...:D

#29 ·
This will be my first post and I am new to the Caliber and hope that you all could show me the ropes: I just purchased a Dodge Caliber R/T, 6 speed, AWD, and I am loving it, it handles great and compared to my firebird it is proving to be just as fun. I am looking to get a little more horsepower out of the R/T, and wondering if the K&N Cold Air Intake would be a good purchase? Any other tips or products I should get would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.