Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Chrome fuel door!!!

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  tplush 
#1 ·
At last,,Today my Chrome fuel door arrived from the USA.I ordered it 4 weeks ago, & was getting worried, as it had not turned up.I Emaild theSupplier about it & believe it or not,it turned up the next day.
I believe it was an "out of stock" situation & when it was dispatched,It only took 8 days to arrive.I'm not going to fit it untill the weather gets warmer.I'll send pics once installed.:b1::b1:

#2 ·
Hi! Pete. You'll love your chrome fuel door. My Caliber came with one allready on it. I think they look nice.

My son is going to marry a girl, born in Bath England. Her family moved to the U.S. when she was two years old. She has lost her accent, but her parents have not. They go to England to visit every couple of years.

#3 ·
can't wait to see the end result Pete, and i'm pleased it arrived at last for
you, and it was beyond their control, get it on and post a pic sharpish...:jok:

#7 ·
The one from AutoAnything is like FeistyOne said, peel and stick. If you can remove the tape cover of one side you can install it. The real one requires removal of the fuel filler door. Looks like you only have to remove two screws.

#8 ·
Pet's is the peel and stick version, that's why he as not added it yet because of the cold weather in the UK, me i went for the genuine Mopar door for a few extra pounds and it looks good..
just two screws and it won't fall off..

#9 · (Edited)
congrats pete... overseas shipping is a thrill ride like no other...lol

ok great, thnx guys.... i will take a look at my filler door soon, probly using my caliber flashlight.... but id rather not pay 4 the install...

EDIT: thanks for the pic brendy... looks easy beyond belief now that i see it. ive got a 50 dollar credit, and changed my mind about the mopar window deflectors.
so this is what i think i'll go with....

#10 ·
its really easy JOJO, heres a tip how to do it as its fiddly to take out, undo the
2 screws and half close the fuel door and then slide it out, do the same when
putting the new door in, if the door is wide on its hinge it won't come out, it
does'nt tell you this on the instructions, just drawings of the door ajar..;)

Reactions: JOJOCHINTO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.